Thread: Declined Visitor Visa Help

Default Declined Visitor Visa Help

Hello,

I am trying to help my Chinese girlfriend's cousin get a visitor visa so that she can come and visit us in NZ. She applied for the visitor visa, but it came back declined, despite having sent in the required documentation. She was sponsored by my girlfriend, but she also sent proof of her sufficient travelling funds just in case. She also sent in a letter from her employer stating her job, position, wages and that she has accrued enough leave. The letter came back with these reasons for decline:

1) You have no international travel records.
    2) Current evidence on file is not sufficient to show you have strong employment tie in China.
    3) You have not provided sufficient evidence to demonstrate your overall circumstance in China is favourable.

She tried ringing the officer in charge of her application, but it turns out the officer declined her visa then immediately took half a month of leave! So I rang immigration to ask about these reasons but they were no help. The lady on the phone basically just repeated that she needs to send in more proof that she will return to China at the end of her holiday. The only helpful thing she said was that she could send in a letter saying that her parents are in China and that she must return to look after them. Immigration refused to provide any other examples, other than things like house ownership which doesn't apply because she's young, or giving exact employer leave dates which she can't get until she has the certainty of the visa.

I can't imagine anything else that would demonstrate her reasons to come back to China? Does anyone have any more examples?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Jangle; 18th February 2015 at 11:08 AM.

'Exact employer leave dates' could be taken to mean how much time she is entitled to from her employment, for instance, 'Miss Y can take only 6 weeks' leave in 2015,' rather than stating start and finish dates.

The applicant can apply for leaves for the dates provided in the Visa application and then cancel if the Visa is not approved. Do remember that sometimes visitor visa is approved for 1 month (starting the 1st day stated in your visa application).

As a Chinese, you can ask your girlfriend to see the website skykiwi. This is actually a very common excuse Immi NZ used to decline visa application in China.

1. This is not a main point, everyone has first time.
    2 & 3 are actually same thing. So your young sister should prepare a bank statement with at least 6 months' history showing she has stable employment and incomes in China. Please remember house and cars are all not that important, the main point Immi NZ in China care is your bank statement and transaction history. If she can keep at least 8000 CNY income per month and 50000 CNY balance, she can normally get a 2 years' visitor visa

One more thing, no big amount deposit into her account during the 6 months. The definition of big amount depending on her income. If her salary is 8000 CNY, a reasonable amount should less than 10000 cny for avoiding doubt of borrowing money. The key world for this tip is "reasonable"

Thank you all for the replies. I will pass this information on and hopefully the second application will be successful.