Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sponsoring my parents: a couple of questions

Default Sponsoring my parents: a couple of questions

Hi there! I will be sponsoring my parents to immigrate to NZ later this year.

Question 1: Since my parents are from Japan, is there a branch in Japan where they can submit their applciation forms to?
    I found this link but Japan is not listed in Asia section.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...zis/contactus/

Question 2:
    This September I will finally be eligible to sponsor my parents for applying for their residence visa under family category. We are aware that the EOI selection pool will be done in August and November around the time. We are planning on submitting our EOI in September when I will be eligible.. we would like our EOI to be selected in the selection pool in November if possible.. We thought of submitting EOI earlier like July or August.. but we would hate to be selected in August's selection pool when I'm still not eligible to sponsor them. I read somewhere that the immigration NZ would decline our EOI if i'm still not eligible at the time EOI was selected. When would you suggest we hand in our EOI if we want to be selected in November? Note: this September I will have held my residence visa for 3 years.

Here it is,
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...entchanges.htm
    For tier one applicants who wish to submit their EOI before their sponsor is eligible, we would advise you not to submit your EOI before your sponsor has been a New Zealand resident for at least two years eight months. If you submit an EOI sooner than this, your EOI is likely to be declined and you will need to start the EOI process again.
    It does say that we can submit EOI as long as I have held my resident visa for at least two years eight months.. does this mean we can submit around June-July? My question is what happens if our EOI gets selected in the selection pool in August when I'm still not eligible to sponsor.

Thank you in advance as always. I appreciate your help every time I'm seeking an answer.

Kind regards,
    tsz
    Last edited by advntrer; 19th February 2015 at 05:06 PM.

1. Check here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/ex...96DF2B84F2.htm where the application must be sent.

2. You are going to have a time of anxious waiting whatever you decide to do. If this was my family, I would not submit until AFTER the August selection has happened, then there would be one less cause for tension about the application. But you have already seen what INZ have to say on the matter, so the decision, of course, is yours.

Looking at the last two selection of parent category and the backlog it creates, I must say that submit as soon as possible even now if you don't want to wait for too long. Even if you submit now i.e. in February or March, I don't see any chance of getting selected in May or August selection. But if you wait till August selection and submit later on, you need to wait for at least May 2016 (even that is not very sure shot) for the selection.

As the time passes, the backlog is getting bigger and bigger. My example, I submitted for my parents in September as I became eligible in October so wanted to get in the November round. However, didn't got selected in November as well as February as well. so hoping for the next round of May.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    1. Check here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/ex...96DF2B84F2.htm where the application must be sent.

2. You are going to have a time of anxious waiting whatever you decide to do. If this was my family, I would not submit until AFTER the August selection has happened, then there would be one less cause for tension about the application. But you have already seen what INZ have to say on the matter, so the decision, of course, is yours.
    Thank you for the link JandM, very helpful!

As for when to submit our EOI..thank you for your input. we will discuss it and make a decision.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sain_81 View Post
    Looking at the last two selection of parent category and the backlog it creates, I must say that submit as soon as possible even now if you don't want to wait for too long. Even if you submit now i.e. in February or March, I don't see any chance of getting selected in May or August selection. But if you wait till August selection and submit later on, you need to wait for at least May 2016 (even that is not very sure shot) for the selection.

As the time passes, the backlog is getting bigger and bigger. My example, I submitted for my parents in September as I became eligible in October so wanted to get in the November round. However, didn't got selected in November as well as February as well. so hoping for the next round of May.

Hope this helps.
    Hi sain_81, my friend submitted EOI for his mum last February then got selected in May.. so i'm a little nervous about submitting it too early. But thank you for your information, it helps to make our decision. Please let me know how the selection goes for you and your parents. Good luck! Regards,
    tsn
    Last edited by advntrer; 20th February 2015 at 08:43 AM.

Have you got your EOI selected so far ?
    can you psot your timelines if possible please ?
    I am trying to get a idea on process timelines .
    And if they vary according to the branch we submit it.
    Thanks All

can you please share which branch your friend submitted the EOI with the timelines please ?

I am trying to get a idea on process timelines .
    And if they vary according to the branch we submit it.
    Have you seen the link I gave in post #2 above? - that shows where you have to send your application, according to where the parents are living. There isn't a choice about which office to use.

Nice... It will be helpful for me for next year... But this thread definitely gives information for planning... Thank you so much...

Thank You

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast