Thread: smc Residence application

Default smc Residence application

Hello everyone

Can anyone tell me please, If owner family do volunteer work in their business without wages as a staff then they match to ANZSCO or not?

Please advice..

whats your adviser says

Hello khullar roselyn

I am Restaurant Manager. My adviser says, its not a big issue because i am managing the whole business financially and am doing all restaurant manager tasks.My adviser asked from MBIE about this matter and they sent email to him that they can do volunteer work in business and that is legal. They are permanent Residents.

It is what YOU have to do that matters. As long as you're doing all the duties mentioned on ANZSCO, all should be well.

The only way I could imagine that the family 'staff' could go against your position would be if they're illegal, and they're not.

I know the two of the cases in my known. one got the residency as a restaurant manager ,where she worked there the owner and his wife both were working as a chef, but I don't know would they working as volunteer or they are getting salary. another case is again from a restaurant where the girl got the residency as a chef and in that restaurant whole family was involved his owner is working as a chef, wife is kitchen hand and two girls managing the front house. so not to worry in your case either. they are legal in here and tehy have the rights to work whether they volunteer or they are getting pay for their work.

Thanks JandM

My adviser also asked to my case officer that are you happy, applicant is doing restaurant manager tasks?

She said yes,its appears that applicant is undertaking restaurant manager tasks but only the issue is staff i don't know who is working there and when.

Then we sent all evidences of volunteer staff on 29 January last month,Immigration officer replied to my adviser on next day 30 January, She said I will be in touch when a further assessment has been undertaken, hopefully sometime next week.

Now 3rd week is going but my adviser haven't got anything yet from CO.

My application processing in london branch.

Thanks khullar roselyn.

Now 3rd week is going but my adviser haven't got anything yet from CO.
    Don't worry because more time has passed. Don't forget that your CO is working other cases as well as yours. After the last information came to her, she would have put your file to the back of her work queue and gone on to look at the next case in order, then the next, and the next, and so on. She won't be doing more work on your file until it comes to the top of the pile again, and it's once again its turn for her attention. If something complicated has happened meantime on one of the other cases, maybe more time has passed than she expected before she got a chance to look at your file again.