Thread: Cost of Citizenship

Default Cost of Citizenship

My son has been a NZ resident for over 6 years, He wants to apply for citizenship, according to the government web site the cost of application is $470. He seems to think that there are other costs involved which will take it to over $2000 in total. I can't find these other costs, can anyone advise me on the total cost of becoming a citizen from the the position of residency.

Many Thanks

AJ

Its $470 per person thats it no other costs and you fill in the form send it off with the documentation it asks for you get a letter from the Minister of Internal Affairs saying you have been accepted and telling you that you will be contacted by your nearest council office that does the citizenship ceremony (or the one you have selected on your form) to invite you along to the official do and you go through the allegiance bit, you get a certificate and photo to say you are now a citizen.....voila your in

This is of course if you have the permanent residents visa and fulfill the criteria of time spent in NZ

He may have been listening to friends who have probably said that they have just got citizenship and it cost near $2000. This is the response I got from friends and when I asked them more this was the cost for their family of four but it cost me $470 and thats all I paid as its just me that applied

http://www.dia.govt.nz/Services-Citi...s?OpenDocument

Children under 16 are cheaper

Many thanks for your answers $470 seems a small amount for such a precious commodity !
    Regards

AJ