Thread: Indian citizen in USA | Work permit to NZ

Default Indian citizen in USA | Work permit to NZ

Hi,

Was wondering if any Indian citizen staying in USA/abroad applied for a work-permit in NZ and got through.

1. How many days did the embassy take (in my case Washington DC) to issue a Police Clearance Certificate. The website says 10 business days..but I see forums where 30-40 days are not uncommon.

2. Once I get all documents and apply for a work-permit, how many days did it take to issue a work-permit?

3. I am applying for the 'Work to Residence (Talent) Accredited Employer' work-permit. Does that accelerate the process in any way?

Bengaboy

For question 2, see this - http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/

For 3, WTR applications are much faster compared to say Residency through SMC, as less number of checks and priority based on joining date mentioned in the Offer Letter. This is assuming the case is straightforward, and there are no major Character or Health issues.

OK, so updating the answer myself for the first question

I applied at the Washington consulate, they returned the application within 5 business days asking me to apply to the Chicago consulate (since that office handles my geography). Within 5 days of that application, I got the Police Clearance Certificate today