Thread: 23rd February

Default 23rd February

I might be a little off due to the time change, but I'm pretty sure that today marks 5 years in New Zealand. (We spent the day by waking up at 3:30 AM, putting the sleeping, pajama-clad girls in the car, and driving to Wellington to catch the ferry. Forgive me if I'm less than eloquent.)

What can I say? Living in New Zealand can be maddening at times, but I love it here. I'm sitting on a park bench in Waikawa (a stone's throw from Picton) as I write this. The sun has just set, there's a cool breeze in the air, it is quiet except for a few birds and a few more cicadas.

That being said, we're likely moving to Hawaii in the next couple of months. Largely for financial reasons; partially because I can't handle New Zealand winters (and especially New Zealand winters in our house).

I will be sad to go, and I am dreading how my 3 year old will react when she figures out we aren't coming home.

That's all I've got tonight. I might add on a bit when I've had some sleep.

Kiwi Mike
    IMG_20150223_200109289.jpg

Thinking of you, having seen your 'journey' on the threads.

Hawaii. Awesome! I've been having a look at that myself. You'll have to let us know how it goes.