Thread: One Year Temp Case Officer

Default One Year Temp Case Officer

Hi, I have a job offer and have applied for a one year temporary visa. My industry isn't on the skills list. According to the London office timescale, 95% of applications are processed within 25 days, but I think I perhaps fall into the other 5% that needs a labour market check. My new employer has provided copies of job adverts, proof of receipts etc, and I've sent plenty of work experience evidence

I haven't heard from anyone, apart from to say they got my application. Do I get a case officer for a temp visa? It's only 2 or so weeks since I sent off, but if I'm lucky to sail through on the 25 days, it will be issued quicker than I thought and will leave me in a rush to give notice at work and get organised...
    Not complaining that things may happen too quickly, but I feel a bit in the dark, an email to TT told me just to refer to 'standard processing times' and I feel that a lot of FAQ information is geared towards PR

How soon would they let me know that there's problems with my application, would a C/O tell me? thanks for any info

Hello.

It sounds as if you have the universal angst of someone who has sent an application to INZ - everyone feels in the dark, with a strong wish to be able to read the future.

People applying for work visas don't usually get to communicate a lot with the official at INZ who's work their application - it's not often necessary. So there isn't the same 'MY case officer' feeling that you get from applicants for residence. There will be one official whose workload you are part of, but you won't hear from him/her unless more information is required. As to 'how soon', there's no way to tell - if this happened, it would be 'when s/he noticed she needed it'. S/He won't just be working on your case. All COs have to work their allocation of cases in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again.

Thanks for that, I know it's early days but with me having a job to hopefully start, my head's a whirl of 'things to do lists'! As I work in a niche field, I know there may be a few delays with labour checks, it's just that grey area of when to tell my boss over here etc. I don't want to say I intend to go, if they aren't happy with my details and decline my visa.
    I will keep my fingers crossed that I'm in the 95% of smooth processing

Good luck.