Thread: Java Developer looking for job

Default Java Developer looking for job

Hello,

I'll be moving to NZ in less than a month's time and I'm actively looking for Software Development jobs, specifically in Java. I have 10+ years of working experience as a Java Software Developer and I have experience in multiple open source frameworks/tools. I can provide more details on the different projects that I've made. I've been looking for Java jobs at Seek everyday and I've tried applying for various ads, but I think they prefer someone who is already in NZ right now. I understand that, but I also heard that companies also do referrals.

Knowing that competition is great, especially in Auckland, and frankly, some not so good stories about finding job in NZ kinda troubles me. Can you please refer mo to some direct companies I can apply with? I'll be moving to NZ this March. BTW, I have an SMC Resident Visa.

Thanks!

If you can look at companies that operate in specific domain (e.g. ANZ, BNZ, Westpac banks for Finance sector, spark/vodafone/2 degrees for telecommunications likewise IBM/HP/Datacom etc for IT or short term contracting - for a start). Most of these companies have career sections so that will be helpful. Also try to customize your cover letter for each job/specialized role for which you are applying. March is one of the favorite time for recruitment so keep a close eye on Trademe & Seek.

All the best

I agree with the above. I'd also directly contact all the recruitment companies that have IT jobs listed on seek/TradeMe. Get the name of the person who deals with Java development jobs and call them. Personal contact is helpful to make them remember you. I wouldn't rely on them as an only point of contact though. It is definitely worth contacting companies directly as many jobs are not advertised.

Thanks so much for the tips. I'll keep that in mind.

hey,

did you able to find a job in java.