Thread: Residence job conditions.

Default Residence job conditions.

Hi everyone,

I have a big doubt and I'm very worried about it
    My partner and I have received the news of our residence approval in these days. Before the residence he worked for an employer for more than one year and he sent the residence application under him. He changed job with a change of conditions and started to work for the new employer. The residence was approved under this new employer but two day after the approval they fired him. He worked for them just one month and a half and so he didn't respect the job condition (3 months). Now, what can we do?Is it possible find another skilled job at this stage and start again the three months?

Thank you very much in advance for you help.
    Regards,
    Valeria

Did he have Section 49A on his PR approval?

(It would be Section 49(1), I think?)

I will ask the Licensed Immigration Adviser who posts on the forum to have a look at this thread and give her opinion.

Oops! Yes that's the one

Hi. I don't know the answer without a little further information. When you say your partner was "fired", was he dismissed immediately e.g. for a breach of contract or disciplinary matter? If not, was he allowed to work out his notice (for how long?), given what is called "garden leave" that is, technically still employed by the company but not required to go to work during his notice period or was he made redundant? If you prefer to answer those questions privately, you will need to make 5 posts and then (after a short wait) you will be able to send me a Private Message.