Thread: WHV - Stay subject to grant of entry permission

Default WHV - Stay subject to grant of entry permission

My Working Holiday Visa ha been approved! And I am so happy about it that I want to make sure that I will not mess this up.
    Visa condition says "Stay subject to grant of entry permission". What does it means?

Can the amount of funds (money) that I have affect the length of time that I can stay in New Zealand?
    If I only have the minimum amount of money required ($4,200), will that shorten my allowed time in NZ?

Hope anyone can help me understand these things.
    Thank you in advance

Congratulations!

I think that all that means is that you have to get your passport stamped at Immigration upon arrival in NZ - it is not another big formality.

And no, there isn't any connection between how much money you have and the length of stay you are allowed. After all, it's a WORKING holiday visa, so the expectation is that you will be able to top up your money with earnings from jobs you find in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Congratulations!

I think that all that means is that you have to get your passport stamped at Immigration upon arrival in NZ - it is not another big formality.

And no, there isn't any connection between how much money you have and the length of stay you are allowed. After all, it's a WORKING holiday visa, so the expectation is that you will be able to top up your money with earnings from jobs you find in the country.
    Thanks JandM. I am really excited about this.