Thread: Gym Membership Price in Auckland

Question Gym Membership Price in Auckland

What's the average price for gym membership in Auckland? Cityfitness now is providing a basic membership with 7$ per week only. Is this a good choice for a new player?

Thanks.

I used CityFitness way back in 2010 (it used to be $18 pw) and later moved onto Les mills as OH preferred it and more importantly I get the right kind of weights. Right now we pay around $24 pw. Compared to City Fitness, Les Mills has more gyms where you can go for workouts - this helped us while shifting residences.

You might want to check fine prints (or multi branches thing) in the $7 pw arrangement but it sounds really good in case that meets your requirements.

So far, $7 pw plan suits me very well. Furthermore, it can also be upgraded to other plans at anytime.

Thanks for your information.

That is very inexpensive for Auckland! I recently joined Jetts (multi-branch 24/7 swipe card access) for around $500 per year (it's $13 per week if pay weekly or biweekly). Was a member of the Auckland Uni gym, but since it's not close to my office I rarely went.

They also have multi-branch 24/7 access option, which would be $12 per week.

That's great deal Do they have any minimum contract?

For the $7 pw option, 1 year contract is required. For other premium options, there's no such rules. Besides, you can upgrade the lower options at any time freely.