Thread: Getting furniture from TradeMe? Do most people rent a trailer? Truck?

Default Getting furniture from TradeMe? Do most people rent a trailer? Truck?

We have a smallish, well average car for NZ standards and now need to get furniture and things from trademe. How do people pick up items? Do you get a trailer? Rent a truck? Not sure what the best way to do it. Thanks!
    Lisa

Hey Lisa
    Depending on how big your furniture is, you can easily rent a trailer at any petrol station. BP or Z should have a few lying around. But you would need a car that has a tow bar, assuming that your car hasn't got one. We bought a queen sized bed on trademe and it fit just fine in the trailer. Although we did have to ask for help from the seller to tow it to our house as our car doesn't have a tow bar. We just basically paid for the trailer, that's all. Hope this helps!

Ali

We paid $70 odd to the retail store for drop but I think it will be cheaper if you would like to rent a small truck (depending on the size of the furniture), renting out from local fuel station is also good idea but I lacked confidence to drive it considering the traffic and some not-so-cheerful-drivers on the road.

I usually hire a mover guy for $40 each time - it's not cheap but he does all the heavy work and delivering to the doorstep.

Always ask the person your buying off to see if they can deliver and you pay a small fee for it.....i have done this in the past, sometimes its a yes.