Thread: employer assisted work visa

Cool employer assisted work visa

Hi,

I need advice on moving to Auckland to look for jobs. I will be completing my MBA soon and planning to move to Auckland in a couple of weeks (when I get my student Job Search VIsa). I have already applied for my Student Job search and as soon as I get it will be shifting to Auckland.Now today when I spoke to a friend of mine, he said that it is tough to get employer assisted visa in Auckland because it is over populated and many visas are being rejected. But the whole purpose of the job search visa is to find work and work for at least two years. But why would immigration give less chances to students who secure a job in Auckland?

If I find a job related to my studies, can I apply for two years employer assisted work visa and does the approval of employer assisted work visa get affected with the area I work in? I mean if I live in Auckland and find a job there, what are the odds of securing a work visa?

Please advice me. I don't think my friend knows much and it is always good to get opinion from a professional.

I've got a friend who's living in Auckland. She's got a job related to her degree, and got her work visa and residency granted with no hassle. It depends on the employers, if you work for an accredited company, there's no reason for declining your employer-assisted work visa.

The only thing is: you will get a small point for your SMC residency visa if you work outside Auckland.

The accredited employer angle doesn't have relevance for the Study to Work visas. Here are the instructions for that. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i41525.htm If you get a skilled and relevant job offer, wherever it is based, you will qualify for the visa and it will be granted.

It is sensible to check with the regulations - there are often wild rumours any time someone is applying for a visa, either to say that huge numbers of other people have easily got residence while e.g. flipping burgers, or that equally huge numbers of people just like you have been unfairly refused and thrown out of the country, and neither of these extremes is true, of course.