Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residence visa help please

Default Residence visa help please

Hi people i just want an advise cos i really don't know what to do now..A simple word from all of u's is a big help for me..I am holding a resident visa tru partnership and me and husband separated due of our age gap..We married already but i'm not happy of our relationship..Now i'm in trouble cos i need to file my PR this year but as i search tru website i still need my partners signature and passport number under INZ 1175..no one is helping except myself to find out what will gonna happen to me and i'm really despirate to know what will gonna happen to me in the future..Thank u very much people..

You don't need anything from your husband in order to get your PR. When you fill in the form for PR, YOU are the person who is applying, and he is not, so you don't need to fill in his personal details.

And you ARE entitled to PR as long as you have met the conditions yourself. PR in no way depends on your partnership - the existence of the partnership was the reason you were granted residence, but once you have residence, the residence is in your own right.

How it happen? Why when i ring immigration they say i need to get INZ 1175 and i have a look at it still needs my husbands signature. And now i have a new partner already and had a baby but husband don't know anything about me,,every single detail about me he don't know. I really want to stay here in New Zealand without any problem in my future life (husband) just in case he find out the truth thank u admin JandM more info will give me an idea what exactly i need to do before november come..

i have a look at it still needs my husbands signature
    No, it doesn't. The 'partner's signature' would only be needed if there had been a couple who applied TOGETHER for Residence in the first place, whereas in your case YOU applied, sponsored by your former husband.

YOU ARE THE ONLY APPLICANT on that form. Your former husband is not the one who needs PR, and your present husband doesn't either. You leave that section blank that asks about people who were on your original Residence application, and you only mention other relatives who are NOT applying for PR in C5.

Hi again,,i hope ur not far away from my place so i can talk to u in person so i understand more and i can explain my situation to u nicely..I'm a asian so hard for me yet to understand ur accent and especially ur law here..But i really appreciate ur help to me..Thank u so much,,

I'm afraid I could not be further away on the face of this earth! - I'm in the UK.

But if you look at form INZ1175, when you come to a question and you don't know what you should put, enter the question on the thread here. Give the number plainly, and say what your problem is. There are many people here who have filled in this form, so there's not just me to help you understand.

Alternatively, it will be best if you visit nearest INZ office and the application can be filled then & there. You don't need to get Principal Applicant's signature and the passport information could be retrieved at the counter (if you are not sure), our daughter had to get her PR visa overseas (while we were in NZ) and she just went to the immigration office. Meeting the INZ people will be much easier & faster option.

JandM, I think she is struck at Section A & H where it states name, passport number & signature of Principal Applicant in respective sections.

Could be, in which case she needs to know that SHE is the principal applicant herself. Or it could be she is seeing repeated mentions of the partner in different sections, in which case she needs to take in that neither her past partner nor her present one are applying on this form, so they don't come into it.

Hi there,,i'm afraid to ask immigration and tell them the truth just incase they send me back over in my country..As i made mistake myself,,when i get my 2 years residence i left him and stay in my family and meet another men..Till i get pregnant and give birth he still don't know what happen(husband) and now that my residence will gonna expire this november as i need to apply a PR..now i'm worried as my family always put me down that immigration will send me back home cos i need the signature of my husband..seriously speaking i don't wanna go home as i love here in NZ..hope u's people can help me thank u so much for the big help

Ok so everything has been said already so I am just repeating it but I feel sorry so I have to .

You were granted residency two years ago right ? This is YOUR visa in YOUR passport , you dont need your ex to sign anything and you wont be send back .
    Just go to INZ Office please and take someone that can translate for you they will tell you the same things that have been said here .

Another thing the visa will let you stay in NZ forever , permanent resident is just so you can travel you wont be thrown out in November if your travel conditions expire just dont go travelling before you get the permanent resident visa
    Last edited by fabs; 4th March 2015 at 11:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast