Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help in understanding sponsorship undertaking

Default need help in understanding sponsorship undertaking

hi there
    I want to understand the sponsorship undertaking.
    My father sponsored me last year and I got resident visa with two year travel condition and now my father is not willing to support me.
    Please help me what should i do.
    Thanks
    Alex

You have residency so with that you can stay in NZ forever without the need for your Dad to sponsor you for something else there is nothing more that he could sponsor you for.
    Only thing that you would need to do once you have reached two years from the date you first entered / granted residency is to apply for Permanent Resident Visa ( removal of travel conditions ) which you also dont need your dad to sponsor you for anything you can get that by yourself.

So what exactly do you mean with support you ? Money wise ? maybe get a job then haha
    cheers

What is your age? In my view, that has a large bearing on what expectations of support you could morally have of your father.

Thanks dear for reply
    On sponsorship form it is written that he is responsible for accommdation and maintence etc for the next 2 years. Can i ask immigration for that?
    I am doing job but i can only pay my rent and for my food i cant pay for my studies and at the momment i cant apply for study loan because for study loan i must have to be in nz for 3 years.
    I was thinking that if pay for my rent and food then i can save some for my studies and start some part time study.
    One thing more he told me that my visa is dependent on him and of he wants to deport me from nz he can because i got visa under dependent child catagory.(is this true or he is making stories )
    I dont want to leave nz and i just want to make sure that he cannot make any problem for me in future.(for my visa
    Thanks

I'm 21 years old and in june2015 i will be 22.

Another question.

Did your father get Residence, and then, afterwards, bring you from your home country by sponsoring you separately?

Or did your father apply for Residence for himself, with other members of the family (including you) as secondary applicants?

Yes my father got citizenship of nz and then sent me the sponsor alone and i got resident visa.

Yes he sponsored me when i was in my home contry.

Here http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ht=#post511860 is a recent thread where someone is in a similar situation to you. Your situation is that described in post#8 over there.

You do not have any claim on INZ for maintenance. The only situation when INZ would become involved and demand that your father paid for your subsistence (if he hadn't already offered) would be if, for instance, you became ill or disabled and were UNABLE to work for your living. Otherwise, an adult is expected to provide for himself. In your case, this involves working, and having to wait to study till you are eligible for a student loan. This may not be what you wish to hear, but it's true to say that adult life is FULL of situations where we can't immediately do what we want, and it is not up to some other individual or the government to step in.

So you're safe, visa-wise, for now, unless your father did something very uncharacteristic, and you will be able to apply for PR two years after you arrived as a Resident, which will make you entirely secure. But you need to understand that the sponsorship undertaking is not intended to take all the responsibility off you for standing on your own two feet, but rather to be a safety net for the government in case of some emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Here http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ht=#post511860 is a recent thread where someone is in a similar situation to you. Your situation is that described in post#8 over there.

You do not have any claim on INZ for maintenance. The only situation when INZ would become involved and demand that your father paid for your subsistence (if he hadn't already offered) would be if, for instance, you became ill or disabled and were UNABLE to work for your living. Otherwise, an adult is expected to provide for himself. In your case, this involves working, and having to wait to study till you are eligible for a student loan. This may not be what you wish to hear, but it's true to say that adult life is FULL of situations where we can't immediately do what we want, and it is not up to some other individual or the government to step in.

So you're safe, visa-wise, for now, unless your father did something very uncharacteristic, and you will be able to apply for PR two years after you arrived as a Resident, which will make you entirely secure. But you need to understand that the sponsorship undertaking is not intended to take all the responsibility off you for standing on your own two feet, but rather to be a safety net for the government in case of some emergency.

Can you please explain the subsistence and uncharacteristic.
    Last edited by alexneil704; 5th March 2015 at 08:53 AM. Reason: forget to write one word

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast