Thread: Nz perm visa question?

Default Nz perm visa question?

Hi everyone
    I am filling the form 1175 to apply perm resident visa. My resident visa will expire soon. I am bit concerned about one section where it's asking character declaration - have you ever been refused entry to any country. I lived in Australia for 5 years legally on student visa (no bad thing or any such thing) and then went back home in 2009. Later in 2010 I applied student visa to go back but they refused my application saying I am not a genuine student. Now in the form there is question, do I have to mention this? Because I don't remember what answer I gave while lodging resident visa.
    Thanks

Never lie to INZ, bro. If you really wanna know what you had answered, I'm sure there's a way to get a copy of your processed residence application from INZ. Other forum members might be able to tell you if INZ allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by swearwolves View Post
    Never lie to INZ, bro. If you really wanna know what you had answered, I'm sure there's a way to get a copy of your processed residence application from INZ. Other forum members might be able to tell you if INZ allow that.
    Thanks for the reply, how do we get that copy? Should I call immigration and asked them about it?

Thanks, i got my submitted EOI.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eleven1983 View Post
    Now in the form there is question, do I have to mention this? Because I don't remember what answer I gave while lodging resident visa.
    Provide as much information as possible. You might have some entry in your passport, provide information like the day of travel, the reason, what your answer was, what was Australian immigration concern, outcome. This probably will be checked some time along the process so its better to provide answers honestly.

Just out of curiosity, is that even possible? Viewing your processed residence application?

Yes it is, just log on to your Nz immi account using EOI option then where you see "print" click that it will show you your submitted application.
    Also all sorted for visa stamping. I went to immigration office today and asked them to stamp it with forms. They took the money and stamped it

Quote Originally Posted by 7eleven1983 View Post
    Yes it is, just log on to your Nz immi account using EOI option then where you see "print" click that it will show you your submitted application.
    Also all sorted for visa stamping. I went to immigration office today and asked them to stamp it with forms. They took the money and stamped it
    No, not that. A copy of your *processed* residence application.

sorry but that all i know, i thought that that was processed application. however i did noticed that officer was going through my eoi/profile and matching answer with current form. there was a glass window behind the officer so computer screen was somewhat visible.
    also they do try to verify character section very strictly. so it was better decision to tell the truth
    Last edited by 7eleven1983; 7th March 2015 at 07:25 AM. Reason: add more