Thread: Looking on things with different eyes - 2 weeks to go

Default Looking on things with different eyes - 2 weeks to go

Hi All,

We have 2 weeks to go before flying to Auckland, hopefully for good.

I went shopping in my local city of Newcastle the other day - I don't go into town often (probably only once every few months), but have lived and worked in the North East of England for 50 years.

I found myself looking at buildings, really looking rather than rushing along, taking photos of the bridges and castle - and thinking things like, 'this could be the last time I walk down this street for a long while' or 'I'll be a visitor the next time I come here'. Not in a sad way though, I'm really excited about our new adventure.

We also find it strange when some friends say things like 'You are so brave' - about what? It's not as if we are embarking on a sailing ship to an uncharted wilderness. I suppose we all have different levels of comfort with regards relocation, change etc. Some of our friends have lived in the same village and even the same street since childhood and would never consider moving town let alone hemisphere.

We just feel the time is right for us all.

All the best for these days, a good journey, happy landings, and the new discoveries to come.

I can understand you looking at things in a new light, all the best to you.:

Many thanks both,

We are all getting more excited as the days pass.