Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Job market in NZ for IT

Default Job market in NZ for IT

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, and my residence visa is approved last week

Now I am just checking for the job availability in NZ. I am an IT person, with Java background. I saw from this forum, that IT jobs are most available in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch...

I am having 7+ years of experience in this field..

Hows the job openings for IT in NZ, and when is the best time to arrive in NZ ?

Thanks in advance, and all the best for who all are waiting for NZ approval....

Congrats on getting the Visa! You are right about locations, and I assume you are a Java developer. Market is decent, but not as hot as Singapore. Best time would be anytime, except Nov to Jan. Also similar threads exist, so please do search.

Congrats! I am from SG too! When are you planning to go over?

Congrats on getting the visa approved!

I am sure you would be feeling a lot confident in coming to NZ now – Kia Ora!

Sorry if I sounds rude!
    Getting the right job is all depends on how well you prepare yourself to do the hunt.
    Just as in every other place in this world, IT is hot cake here as well.

If you haven’t started applying for jobs, please do. (seek.co.nz and trademe.co.nz)
    If you haven’t changed your covering letter and CV to a Kiwi one, please do.(careers.co.nz)
    Reference play a greater role, please be prepared to provide the employer with good references (LinkedIn).
    Be ready to start even from the scratch as most positions are entry\mid-level with greater responsibilities.
    Of course, Auckland and Christchurch would be good place to start with however, ‘From Cape Reinga to The Bluff’ be the limit.
    I’d say, any time is a good time, we have had staff joining in last Dec. Luck and timing!
    It’s the right ‘ATTITUDE’ does matters than the skill, some(most)times.

Good Luck!

Hi Otaku,

Thank you. Yes I am doing some ground work on this, since my visa is just approved I got some time to land in NZ. Hope everything will go fine.

When did you move to Auckland ? Are you in IT field ?

Hi Darzren,

Thank you, and congrats for you too.

Since my visa is just approved, I'm only planning to go by next year.... how about you ?

Hi Ginz,

Thanks, and I agree with what you said..

Yes I am preparing all the necessary things to boost my possibilities to get a job there. I had gone through the NZ format of CV and cover letter.

Lets see how it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger_J View Post
    Hi Otaku,

Thank you. Yes I am doing some ground work on this, since my visa is just approved I got some time to land in NZ. Hope everything will go fine.

When did you move to Auckland ? Are you in IT field ?
    Please see my signature for timeline. Yes, I am an IT Professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger_J View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, and my residence visa is approved last week

Now I am just checking for the job availability in NZ. I am an IT person, with Java background. I saw from this forum, that IT jobs are most available in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch...

I am having 7+ years of experience in this field..

Hows the job openings for IT in NZ, and when is the best time to arrive in NZ ?

Thanks in advance, and all the best for who all are waiting for NZ approval....
    Hi,

First of all, many many congratulations for the cool blue sticker

I'm also an IT guy with 7 yrs of experience, presently working in an MNC in NZ since 5 months,based upon what i perceived during this small tenure, i would say the NZ IT job market is not very big like of Australia or USA, its indeed very small, i really do not want to discourage you by saying the jobs are very limited and requires openness to work in other technologies as well apart from what you are skilled on, also NZ employers are not really good pay masters. IMHO, you should now probably start looking and applying jobs over www.seek.co.nz or www.trademe.co.nz . All the very best!!

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
    Please see my signature for timeline. Yes, I am an IT Professional.
    Yes I can see that you arrived in NZ by 2012, how long it took for you to find a work in NZ ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast