Thread: Partner | Work Visa

Default Partner | Work Visa

Folks,

I am an Indian citizen, married for the last 5.5 years and currently staying in the US for the last 3 years. I am applying for a Talent (Accredited employer) work permit and my wife would be submitting a parallel Family Stream application. She expects to get a work-visa issued for the same duration of my work permit. I have been reading some stories on this forum regarding spouses/partners being refused work permits and would like to learn from them.

1. Apart from the form(INZ1146), what all documents do we need to submit? I would believe attested/notarized copies of the marriage certificate, lease agreements for the last 18 months. Anything else?

2. Do we need to attach a covering letter clearly stating that she is looking for a work permit for the duration of the visa?

3. Police Clearance and Medical Certificates would go in as usual.

4. She would apply (separate application with separate fees) at the same time with my application. Hope that is OK!

Am I missing something?

Bengaboy
    Last edited by bengaboy; 10th March 2015 at 06:49 PM.

1) INZ 1198 filled in by her, supported by INZ 1146 filled in by you. Here are many old threads about evidence of partnership which should give you some ideas. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...ternship+proof, and here is INZ's own list of suggestions. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...artnership.htm You need plenty more that what you have mentioned. INZ will be looking in detail at the most recent months leading up to the application. If possible, you should give them two or three different pieces of evidence that you have been together for each passing week of the previous year. (Because partnership visas require no evidence of qualifications and work experience, they are the ones most targeted by fraudsters, and therefore the ones most carefully scrutinized by INZ.)

2. Give a covering letter linking her application to yours, then the two will be worked as one case.

3. Yes.

4. Yes. There will be some things you don't know to begin with, e.g. your visa number, but the CO will supply these as s/he works.

Much delayed reply to this post. Thanks JandM. Everything worked out well!