Thread: Silver Fern Job Search Visa: Can I apply not in my country of birth?

Default Silver Fern Job Search Visa: Can I apply not in my country of birth?

Hello everyone, my first time here

I am currently in Bangkok right now on an extended tourist visa. But I'm a Philippine passport holder.

I found out that I'm qualified for a Silver Fern Job search visa. Question is, can I apply here in Bangkok for IELTS and further document submission? If I passed, is there a need for me to be interviewed personally at the Embassy of my country in Manila?

Or everything is online and I can just process everything in Bangkok?

Thanks and more power to the forum!

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../jobsearch.htm The application is done online, and the only requirement about your location is that you should be outside NZ when you apply.

Hello JandM,

Thanks for your reply. I'd like to ask if you have links where to look for NZ jobs which accepts foreign workers? I want to start applying online to be ready

Thank you so much! More power!

ANY job can be applied for by a foreign worker - there are laws against any discrimination. So you can use the normal sources for your career. What is your job? That may help people to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by LizSmith View Post
    I'd like to ask if you have links where to look for NZ jobs which accepts foreign workers? I want to start applying online to be ready

You can register and apply on websites like Trademe and Seek. When you apply for jobs, there are certain questions which ask on what type of visa you have (or similar questions), as JandM mentioned these are not for discrimination but to understand how soon people are available for interviews and fill up the job.

Do note that cover letter is very important and customize it to role you are applying.

Hey you can apply anywhere you want. It's nothing to do with visa. You are free to join Silver Fern. Have a good luck.

Thanks so much for your reply guys.

I just found out also that I can apply directly for the Skilled Migrant so that I will have the Immigrant visa already when arriving there. I'd like to ask, aside from the migrant levy, (granting that I'm approved for the resident visa) do immigrants need to present proof of funds or show money like in Australia and Canada?

Thanks so much!

Answered on your other thread.