Thread: Manuka Honey

Default Manuka Honey

Hello, I was wondering which are the best (that means cheapest) online website or shop in Auckland who sell manuka honey.... it's really so expensive!
    I found one in albany area but now is suffering due to rainy weather impact very bad on the harvest... so no availability anymore... any suggestion?

I would prefer buying (edible) stuff in a shop. Websites are cheap but sometimes you may not know how it was stored and how long these would last. When we first arrived in NZ, we ordered sports supplements and after 3rd or 4th order realized that some of the supplement powders were 'crystally' and got rude answers for questioning the quality from onnutrition support team. I learnt my lesson and findings the hard way.

Honey doesn't usually go bad.

No, it doesn't. But prices vary a lot depending on the manuka factor - the content of the honey varies from year to year because of how the plants themselves react to local conditions, and supplies with the best content are higher priced, so it's a good idea to check what you're getting, if you're buying it for the health promoting qualities, not just the nice taste.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    No, it doesn't. But prices vary a lot depending on the manuka factor - the content of the honey varies from year to year because of how the plants themselves react to local conditions, and supplies with the best content are higher priced, so it's a good idea to check what you're getting, if you're buying it for the health promoting qualities, not just the nice taste.
    I fully agree. Brand I'm looking for is Manuka health... do you know any shop in Auckland where to buy it a good price?

Sorry, no - I'm in the UK.

The fact that farmers use helicopters to relocate the hives troubles me. They burn a lot fuel and you pay for that.

You can try buying from one of the retail stores of Huckleerry Farms / or East West organics or Naturally Organics. There might be one close to you.

I think you're safe buying honey online as long as you buy a brand that is independently tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazysnapper View Post
    The fact that farmers use helicopters to relocate the hives troubles me. They burn a lot fuel and you pay for that.
    A lot of agricultural industries use helicopters for a variety of reasons. For example, they are used to stave off frost over vineyards.