Thread: How to settledown in NZ and getting a job here?

Default How to settledown in NZ and getting a job here?

Hi all members,

My name is Jooi, arrived from Singapore in Auckland by visitor visa around 4 months ago but counter face plenty of problems, I am trying to door knocking and online to look for a job everyday, for a full time job as a property manager or property Administrator in real estate agency in Auckland for close to 3 months plus. No company can offer me a job at all or fill in the employer supplementary
    form in order for me to submit my work visa. I really need some advice and help now! Please let me know or guide me, is anyone gone through like me and already make it through as a NZ resident
    currently. I am loss now, feel very depressing and don't know what to do or what is my next step?

Thank you so much!
    Jeanette

Quote Originally Posted by jooi View Post
    Hi all members,

My name is Jooi, arrived from Singapore in Auckland by visitor visa around 4 months ago but counter face plenty of problems, I am trying to door knocking and online to look for a job everyday, for a full time job as a property manager or property Administrator in real estate agency in Auckland for close to 3 months plus. No company can offer me a job at all or fill in the employer supplementary
    form in order for me to submit my work visa. I really need some advice and help now! Please let me know or guide me, is anyone gone through like me and already make it through as a NZ resident
    currently. I am loss now, feel very depressing and don't know what to do or what is my next step?

Thank you so much!
    Jeanette

Hi Jeanette,

I am not in Auckland yet is planning to do so in the next couple of months.

I have nothing much to offer to you but have you try visiting http://www.aucklandchamber.co.nz/
    They seems to have a lot of events to help migrants settle down as well as look for job.

You may want to volunteer yourself in more events to expand your network. I believe you really needs contacts to get job.
    Visit seek.co.nz, there is this volunteer tab at the top page which can search for any events needing volunteers. Hope it will be helpful.

Let me know your progress and hope to keep in touch.
    Make 5 postings and we can private message.

Cheers & All the best!

I think the challenge is to prove NZ experience when it comes to management, have you considered applying with Property Management companies (some of them could be operating in smaller size) and companies that deal with Body Corp of properties (like apartments). Can't help much and I hope someone to answer you specifically in real estate.