Thread: Fingerprinting in Malaysia (FBI Identification Record)

Default Fingerprinting in Malaysia (FBI Identification Record)

Hi,

I received my ITA on 10th March'15. I need to get my FBI identification record as my 'police certificate' requirement from US. I understand we 'should' get fingerprinting done from professional law enforcement agencies so as to get it right.

1) Has anyone in Malaysia recently got their fingerprinting done in Bukit Aman police headquarters? I plan to go there on Monday early morning with my passport, ITA letter and few passport size photographs. Is there anything else required?

2) I am simply printing 'fingerprint' document - FD 258 - on A4 sheet and taking to the police headquarter. Will the Malaysian police do fingerprinting on their own stock/format or will they be okay to do fingerprinting on the FBI format - FD 258?

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ide...hecks/fd-258-1

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Maguire View Post
    Hi,

I received my ITA on 10th March'15. I need to get my FBI identification record as my 'police certificate' requirement from US. I understand we 'should' get fingerprinting done from professional law enforcement agencies so as to get it right.

1) Has anyone in Malaysia recently got their fingerprinting done in Bukit Aman police headquarters? I plan to go there on Monday early morning with my passport, ITA letter and few passport size photographs. Is there anything else required?

2) I am simply printing 'fingerprint' document - FD 258 - on A4 sheet and taking to the police headquarter. Will the Malaysian police do fingerprinting on their own stock/format or will they be okay to do fingerprinting on the FBI format - FD 258?

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ide...hecks/fd-258-1
    To close the thread. I went to Bukit Amin police HQ on Monday. Was done in a jiffy + RM 30.

Sent my docs (3 pages) to FBI on Monday. Got notification from DHL that they are delivered Friday Morning (US time).

Now, waiting.. guess there's no way to track my application w/FBI.

Hope this helps others applying from Malaysia.