Thread: Admissible Evidence of Work Experience

thegrimfandango Guest

Default Admissible Evidence of Work Experience

Hello,

Does anyone know if INZ will accept signed declarations from former work colleagues in the absence of a reference? I would like to get confirmation of work experience from 2 places I worked, but it was 10+ years ago, and businesses have closed/rebranded/all old staff have moved on. I even checked with the UK tax office and they don't have paperwork that far back, apparently. I'm positive I have no lingering paperwork for this job as a lot of my old docs that were meant to be securely stored were accidentally disposed of by family

Yes, if the person was a colleague in a position to know about your responsibilities and working hours. They need to be reachable on the contact details given during the processing of the application, because INZ will want to check with them.

How long is the reference letter from employers valid for. I ask because i hv letter from previous employer about a year ago when i started collecting documents for another country immigration.

Nothing is specified about that. I can't see how a reference letter could expire - if you genuinely worked for the person in a certain job, and that is what they are saying, it can't become untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by harmon View Post
    How long is the reference letter from employers valid for. I ask because i hv letter from previous employer about a year ago when i started collecting documents for another country immigration.
    If you are still working with same employer (or if the company was taken over by current employer) and your roles & responsibilities have changed since previous letter then this can be updated whenever you provide it to any immigration. Previous/older ones must remain same to maintain integrity & authenticity of the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by harmon View Post
    Hi Harmon,

The reference letter doesn't expire, I had even submitted 7 years back reference letters from my previous employers, and all accepted.

Thanks for the clarification ��

do you need references from more than 10 years ago? The maximum points you can claim is for 10 years work experience, so if you have been employed in the last 10 years and have those references, I wouldn't be bothering?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    do you need references from more than 10 years ago? The maximum points you can claim is for 10 years work experience, so if you have been employed in the last 10 years and have those references, I wouldn't be bothering?
    There could be situation when someone took sabbatical or was not able to work for some reason (medical or otherwise)