Thread: Dependent work visa to permanent residency

Default Dependent work visa to permanent residency

Hello everyone,
    I came to New Zealand almost six month ago on dependent work visa (husband). My work visa expires on march 2017. I am a mother of a 2 year old boy and currently working in a company and signed fixed term contract for 24 month. My husband is doing his doctoral study and cannot apply for residency till he finishes his study. So, i was wondering if i can apply for residency only for me and my kid. Can you please advise me?
    Sarala

That's way too little information to work with. What's your full profile like? Try this (https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/) and see how many points you have. It's one of many ways to obtain residence in New Zealand.

Hi

Hi

Thanks for the link. I have finished master degree in pharmacy and got 6 years experience in quality control department of pharmaceutical company in Nepal. I am working as Technician in quality control department of Nutraceutical company in Auckland since a month and have fixed term contract till march 2017. My husband got international doctorate scholarship ( Student visa for 3.5 years) and he started in Dec 2013 in University of Auckland. In his scholarship clause he can not take scholarship if he apply for PR. I have open full time work visa in march 2014 and came Auckland in august 2014. I am planning to apply for PR with son but without my husband . We do not know if only me and my son can apply for PR although we came as a dependent. I calculated my score point without including my husband and it is 175.

Regards
    Sarala
    Last edited by Sarala; 15th March 2015 at 10:53 PM.

Yes, you can apply for yourself and your son. Notice, you are NOT applying for PR - applications under SMC are for Residence, and PR is a totally separate visa you can qualify for after holding Residence for a minimum of two years.

It does not matter what visa you are on at present, as long as you are living and working legally in NZ (which of course you are).

You need to make sure that you clearly mention your husband's existence in your application, and that you are living with him, even though you are choosing not to include him. Then at a later time, no one can say you misled INZ in any way. When you have your Residence and he has finished his course of study, you will be able to sponsor him for Residence, which is a much simpler process than SMC, as it only requires evidence of the partnership, not qualifications and work. (Once gained, it is exactly the same Residence, with full rights and privileges.)

Hey,

Thank you so much

Hi,
    I got 105 only in points indicator for Expression of interest without claiming my bonus points for qualification . Is it ok to apply as it is?
    I found that for my degree from Nepal, I need to do the preassesment by NZQA. If I include bonus points of my degree then I will get 175 points. So, I applied for it through NZQA website and it takes a month to get the result. I already got 105 points. Shall I apply for EOI with this 105 points now or Shall I wait for the PAR result? If I got my PAR result after a month and I applied and got invitation for Residence, then Do I need to do the full assesment? When I read at PAR detials, it says that it is sufficient for applying immigration under skilled category.

I am here in confusion Shall i apply EOI with 105 points or shall I wait for PAR result and apply with 175 points? Is there any difference in getting residence with 105 and 175 points? Please give me suggestion.

Regards

Sarala Basnet

There is no point in putting in your EOI with 105 points, because it will not be selected from the pool. An application with no job offer requires 140 points minimum to be selected at the moment (and then it will be selected at the next fortnightly draw).

(By the way, in case you haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere, don't bother with PAR - it is a waste of money. For one thing, you have to have IQA for the ITA, the next stage after the EOI is selected. For another thing, to do PAR they only look at the name of your qualification and give a rough opinion based on that, whereas for IQA, they look thoroughly at what was studied, for how long, and to what depth, so the result CAN turn out to be different from the PAR.)

If you wait till your IQA comes back, then put in the EOI, with the 175 points you mention your application will be selected at the first available draw. If you do this, you will not have waited any longer than putting in the EOI with 105, then updating with the assessment of your qualifications.

Hi,

I have job offer till march 2017 as fixed term emplyoment as chemistry support technician. I got my master in pharmacy degree and got more than 6 year experience in pharmaceutical laboratory in Nepal. Do I need to do assessment of my job experience? As far as I know if I am doing the job in NZ similar to my past experience, I may not need to do assessment for my experience, just to need to write the importance of my expertise in my current job. I got such a long term job offer and I got 105 points after including my job years experience and my offer letter points. Please suggest me what should I do, go for pooling or do any other assessent.

Regards.

Sarala

From my understanding: With skilled job offer in NZ, 100 points is enough to make sure your EOI get selected. For job experience in Nepal, you will need to submit evidences such as contracts and letters from HR later when your EOI has been selected and you actually submit the SMC Residence Application. INZ will then assess those evidences of work experience.