Thread: Applying for PR in SMC

Default Applying for PR in SMC

Hello Everyone,

I'm basically from India, presently living and working on WTR visa in new zealand since past 5 months and enjoying each and every moment here. I'm in a process of applying for PR in SMC. I have already submitted my EOI as my current job is in New Zealand Long term skill shortage list (LTSSL) with 160 pts. I have the following queries:-

1) As i don't have birth certificate, so i recently applied for birth certificate from India from the municipality (government body) and it has one problem, my mother "middle" name is wrongly mentioned on it, she doesn't use it at all..my all other documents like 10th or 12th certificate has her name mentioned without any middle name. My concern is, will INZ object on this?

2) In total i have 6.5 yrs of relevant work experience, but my first employer was shutdown. I have the work experience certificate of that employer with me. My concern is, should i add that closed employer experience , will INZ count it to my total experience? Does it has any impact on the processing of my application?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
    jsb
    Last edited by jsb1985; 16th March 2015 at 09:27 PM.

First thing, to avoid confusion - the visa you will get from applying under SMC is Residence. (PR is a totally different visa you can qualify for after holding Residence for a minimum of two years.)

1) You may possibly have to explain this difference, but INZ can't actually object. Presumably if need be you could get a declaration from your mother that she, XZ, is the same person who was named on your birth certificate as XYZ. (These things happen. It will certainly not be the first time INZ saw such a case!)

2) What happened to your first employer after you left is immaterial. You did the job and you are entitled to count it. If you need extra evidence about it, possibly you can still trace the employer, or someone from HR, or a colleague who would know about your responsibilities there, that it was a skilled job, and that you worked full time, to write you a letter. Such a person would need to be reachable at the contact details given, for INZ to verify with them during the processing of the application.

For the issue with your mother's name, you can draft an Affidavit before a lawyer/JP saying both names are referring to the same person.