Thread: Any opportunity for Computer Science (Game & Multimedia development) at Fresh Graduate level?

Default Any opportunity for Computer Science (Game & Multimedia development) at Fresh Graduate level?

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum so looking forward to your help!
    My husband is studying Computer Science (Game and Multimedia Development) in one Singaporean university. He pursued same course in UCL (London, UK) but has not graduated, hence moving to Singapore to complete the degree with Wollongong University (Australia). He will be graduating next year (around May). He has some months of experience working as tester for a software company and some part time jobs in UK. Have been wondering how the job market for his area look like in New Zealand and would he stand a chance there. My husband carries British passport and we think the 1st step would be applying for a residence visa and he will move to NZ to find a job.

Any advice on which recruitment agency that specialized in IT, CS, Games...area and/or when we should start to apply visa?

Apologize if we sound confused because we really are and need advice from professionals like you guys in the forum.

Thanks a lot!

Zoey

I think your husband can apply for Working Holiday Visa as first step, get hang of the country and alongside apply for Skilled Migrant Visa (for Residency)

Just came across this Test Analyst job , it will be best if he can register online directly with the companies here to keep up to date with latest recruitments (including junior roles)

Hi Sun77,

That's perfect! Thanks for your help!
    We actually think of applying residence visa and look for job while on boarding to NZ but working holiday is not a bad idea. Guess we will need to save up more =.=

Any other ideas are all welcomed

I highly doubt you will qualify for a residence visa with no work experience...