Thread: Unlimited work rights phd students. Sorry posted in wrong thread earlier

Default Unlimited work rights phd students. Sorry posted in wrong thread earlier

Hi all

My phd visa has been approved in principle and I am waiting for my passport to be returned back to me. Would the visa mention that I will have unlimited working hours while in NZ? Is that something I need to check for or look for? I read some posts where people had a problem because their visas were for phd but said only 20 hrs limited work rights. I am expecting my passport to be returned back to me this week.

Thanks in advance

Rina

Can you link to where you have seen about people having trouble with this? I don't remember seeing mention of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Can you link to where you have seen about people having trouble with this? I don't remember seeing mention of the issue.
    Hi

Here is where I read it.Maybe I am overrecting but after the looooong wait for the visa in the first place I am nervous there may be more to deal with...

https://halfabc.wordpress.com/2014/0...me-ever-again/

Thanks.

R

She sounds like a very clued-up and efficient lady. As I said before, I haven't seen this problem mentioned on our threads or in the press, so I'm guessing it can't be very widespread. However, if you're concerned, I suggest you 1) check your visa carefully when your passport arrives back with you, and 2) IF there is a problem, contact the blogger and ask her for links to the government documents she found, so you in your turn can quote it to get things sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    She sounds like a very clued-up and efficient lady. As I said before, I haven't seen this problem mentioned on our threads or in the press, so I'm guessing it can't be very widespread. However, if you're concerned, I suggest you 1) check your visa carefully when your passport arrives back with you, and 2) IF there is a problem, contact the blogger and ask her for links to the government documents she found, so you in your turn can quote it to get things sorted out.
    Thanks. Yes, it seems to be a rare problem but something I can check carefully.

Regards

R