Thread: Nzqa ipenz

Default Nzqa ipenz

HI

I have been selected for EOI with 140 points. the NZQA PAR shows that my degree is equal to a level 7 in NZQF. My degree is a part time degree ,Bachelor of Technology (Electronics Engineering) from National University of Singapore (NUS) as Singapore is one of the Signatories of the Washington Accord. IES is Singapore representative. According IES website, ,Bachelor of Technology (Electronics Engineering) from National University of Singapore (NUS) that students graduating in and after Academic Year 2008-09, have been granted full accreditation. I am graduated in Academic Year 2011. Can i claim bonus points for qualifications in an area of absolute skill shortage under the Skilled Migrant Category through Washington Accord-accredited degree ? Or I need to do NZQA IQA ?

Thanks

It says here http://skillshortages.immigration.go...nics-engineer/ "A relevant Washington Accord accredited undergraduate engineering degree (listed)", and it certainly sounds as though that is what you have got.

HI JandM

May i know will my partner(wife) be invited for interview with CO ?
    With EOI selected without ITA , will it be in a better situation to get jobs offer in New Zealand?

Thanks

It varies whether or not a CO asks for the partner to be present and available for interview. There is nothing in the regulations to say in what circumstances this should happen, so nobody can tell you if your wife will be called upon, or not.

It's very unlikely to make any difference to NZ employers what stage your visa application has got to. NZ nationals have no particular reason to be aware of the procedure for getting residence or any other visa, so all that makes any difference to them if they're interested in employing a foreigner is if the person HAS a visa, not that they are waiting to hear if they can get one.