Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: point went down to 115 after initial assessment - HELP please

Default point went down to 115 after initial assessment - HELP please

after the initial assessment, IO said that she was not able to grant my bonus points for qualification and work experience because she said that I did not satisfy the specifications in column 4 in the LTSSL.
    what i didnot understand is that the points for my qualification and work experience were granted to me. the specifications in needed to gain the points for my qualification listed in column 3 and the specifications needed to gain the bonus points for my qualification listed in column 4 is all the same. howcome i was granted the points for my qualification and not the bonus points? and this is in connection also for not granting my bonus points for my work experience.

i am BSc in industrial engineering and in the list of qualifications exempted in assessment. i just cant believe everything we've worked for will go down the drain..

if anyone went through the same situation and got through with it, please please please..help me.

Guess you need to have positive IPENZ assessment. You did mention BSc in industrial engineering, so what was the level/points you have claimed ? From the location, i can see that you are from Philippines, that means you originate from a comparable labor market. All your work experience was from Ph?

Quote Originally Posted by vitajaj View Post
    Guess you need to have positive IPENZ assessment. You did mention BSc in industrial engineering, so what was the level/points you have claimed ? From the location, i can see that you are from Philippines, that means you originate from a comparable labor market. All your work experience was from Ph?

yes, all work experience is from Phil and my qualification is included in the LQEA. do i still have to have IQA/IPENZ?

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    after the initial assessment, IO said that she was not able to grant my bonus points for qualification and work experience because she said that I did not satisfy the specifications in column 4 in the LTSSL.
    what i didnot understand is that the points for my qualification and work experience were granted to me. the specifications in needed to gain the points for my qualification listed in column 3 and the specifications needed to gain the bonus points for my qualification listed in column 4 is all the same. howcome i was granted the points for my qualification and not the bonus points? and this is in connection also for not granting my bonus points for my work experience.

i am BSc in industrial engineering and in the list of qualifications exempted in assessment. i just cant believe everything we've worked for will go down the drain..

if anyone went through the same situation and got through with it, please please please..help me.
    Hi,
    Please advised your CO that your Bachelor degree is in the LQEA and provide the link.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by jeremylee99 View Post
    Hi,
    Please advised your CO that your Bachelor degree is in the LQEA and provide the link.

Regards,

Thanks jeremy,

i did explain it in my email to her. i hope she would accept this and grant us back our bonus points.

CO will never commit any kind of mistakes as per my knowledge. Ipenz should be required if your degree is statutory of Washington accord.

Hi Vitajaj,

My sister is same degree as autumn and the CO never requires to go to IPENZ and her university is in the LQEA thus hopefully the CO will grant again the bonus points. Please share any experience from CO (Lily Sheng of Shanghai Branch) if you have a same situation with Autumn.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by jeremylee99 View Post
    Hi Vitajaj,

My sister is same degree as autumn and the CO never requires to go to IPENZ and her university is in the LQEA thus hopefully the CO will grant again the bonus points. Please share any experience from CO (Lily Sheng of Shanghai Branch) if you have a same situation with Autumn.

Regards,

Thank you for the encouragement jeremylee99. so your sister is in the same situation as me? and she was given a visa?

Quote Originally Posted by vitajaj View Post
    CO will never commit any kind of mistakes as per my knowledge
    Not always true, they go by the rule book and the whole process is overseen by 2nd case officer as well. There is also appeal process with immigration which means the whole process is subject to scrutiny.

The requirements for LTSSL are these.

Required standard

One of the following qualifications:
    - A relevant Washington Accord accredited undergraduate engineering degree (listed)
    - A relevant qualification comparable to:
    (a) a Bachelor of Engineering (NZQF Level 7), or
    (b) a Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (NZQF Level 8)
    - A relevant qualification at NZQF Level 7 or higher with a letter from IPENZ certifying that the degree and any further learning meets the academic requirements for registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer in New Zealand
    OR
    NZ registration as a Chartered Professional Engineer by the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand.
    Notice, it says "Bachelor of Engineering", and you say you have a Bachelor of Industrial Technology.

Qualifications are counted as exempt from assessment when the course has been checked out already and found to give qualifications equivalent to a certain NZ Level. So your degree has been accepted as a full Level 7 without any difficulty. But that checking does NOT say it is equivalent to any particular NZ degree, such as a bachelor of engineering, and THAT is what the CO would need to see to grant you the points from column 4.

To get the LTSSL points, you would have to either get an IQA done to say your degree is equivalent to a Bachelor of Engineering, or you would have to get an IPENZ letter saying it meets the requirements.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast