Thread: Resigning after residence...???

Default Resigning after residence...???

Hi, Can I resign from my commis chef position if I get any new job.. I got my resident visa in last Dec 14 with no condition,only travel condition n already done

3 months at same position n same employer... Can it possible that if I resign the job n do there any immigration risk for my resident visa or its fine..???

thanks..

I already answered you by PM. For the benefit of others...

As you have Residence free and clear, you are free to do whatever you want in NZ (that is legal, obviously). The only thing to be careful of is that you give the amount of notice to your employer that is mentioned in your contract, so he doesn't have any reason to complain and damage your reputation in the catering trade.

The travel conditions that come with Residence give you the right to travel out of NZ and return as many times as you like for two years. They are a permission, not a limit on your actions. When you have been in NZ as a Resident for two years, you should go and get Permanent Residence (PR). It is a different visa, and very easy to get (not like the SMC application). With that visa, you will be able to come and go as you like for ever.