Thread: New Zealand point system to skill migration

Default New Zealand point system to skill migration

Hi

We are hoping to apply for the NZ visa under skill migration category and little confuse with our eligibility (to obtain 140 points). Can someone help us to find out our total points ?

My spouse works for MNC as software engineer has 08 yrs experience, before that local company it counts 04 yrs.
    He has BSC PGD qualification (qualified mid 2008, project pending) and ACS qualification (qualified 2006)
    age 37

I'm a member of CIMA (qualified 2009) and done MBA -general ( qualified 2014) + work experience pre-qualification 5 & post 6 yrs

We don't have job offer or relatives in NZ

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EAP View Post
    Hi

We are hoping to apply for the NZ visa under skill migration category and little confuse with our eligibility (to obtain 140 points). Can someone help us to find out our total points ?

My spouse works for MNC as software engineer has 08 yrs experience, before that local company it counts 04 yrs.
    He has BSC PGD qualification (qualified mid 2008, project pending) and ACS qualification (qualified 2006)
    age 37

I'm a member of CIMA (qualified 2009) and done MBA -general ( qualified 2014) + work experience pre-qualification 5 & post 6 yrs

We don't have job offer or relatives in NZ

Thanks
    Check here for points
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/

Quote Originally Posted by Roger_J View Post
    Hi Roger,

Thanks ! Of cause in my post qualification should be read as BCS PGD ( not BSC, I mentioned it incorrectly ).

we checked out that that link. But one agent told us we could count only 04 yrs exp since according to NZ rule they ignore 02 yrs of post qualifiying experience. Is that true ?
    Also, bonus points we could claim only if our qualification assess as level 7 (doubt on qualification ).

Just need to know somebodies experience over these;

Thanks !

The points checker can be rather misleading. Your best resource is to look here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i6954.htm SM6 gives a chart with all the points available, and the last column tells you which further section to look at for the detailed requirements for claiming those points.
    we could count only 04 yrs exp since according to NZ rule they ignore 02 yrs of post qualifiying experience.
    There is no blanket ruling that two years are wiped off everybody's total. Not all work experience counts in certain circumstances only - see SM11 and SM13 at the link.

As far as whether or not a qualification will count, you need to check the stated requirements. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...ware-engineer/ Your husband's qualification would need to be either on the INZ list of qualifications exempt from assessment http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35171.htm, or would have to be assessed as equivalent to one of the qualifications mentioned (and they are all Level 7 or 8).

Your own work experience won't be taken into account, as the application is entirely focused on the main applicant, but you should get 20 points for your qualification under the conditions mentioned at SM 17.

This post http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....040#post514040 on another thread may be of interest, since I think you may find yourselves in a similar situation to the original poster over there, of having a solid professional background but not the paper qualifications that INZ are looking for.

Dear All,

We have got IQA for BCS (brittish computer society ) assessed and outcome was "qualification at level 7". After that we heard about appendix B and send it to NZQA , but they said since it is a secondary concern of them, they are not able to assess due to structural and content differences. However we submit EOI and got ITA a week back and it suggest to get a letter from IPENZ. Again IPENZ said they assessed only engineering qualification not IT.

Any one from this forum can guide us to get comparability assessment done in order to claim bonus points to reach our marks. My husband could get membership of NZ Chartered IT professionals, will it sufficiently demonstrate the achievement of NZ standards ?

Quote Originally Posted by EAP View Post
    Dear All,

We have got IQA for BCS (brittish computer society ) assessed and outcome was "qualification at level 7". After that we heard about appendix B and send it to NZQA , but they said since it is a secondary concern of them, they are not able to assess due to structural and content differences. However we submit EOI and got ITA a week back and it suggest to get a letter from IPENZ. Again IPENZ said they assessed only engineering qualification not IT.

Any one from this forum can guide us to get comparability assessment done in order to claim bonus points to reach our marks. My husband could get membership of NZ Chartered IT professionals, will it sufficiently demonstrate the achievement of NZ standards ?
    Hi there,

Please try to enquire to these two organizations : www.citrenz.ac.nz or www.iitp.org.nz

Regards

Thank you, Jeremylee. We will try to get favourable answer from them.

Hi , What happened to your migration request , was it successful? im also trying to migrate with BCS PGD qualification .

regards,
    Priyad.

points increased to 160