Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help for point indicator

Default Please help for point indicator

Hi all,

My name is Hannah, I'm from Vietnam,and my English is not very good (i only got IELTS 6.5) therefore I find it really hard for me to understand all of the information that's provide in the gov website about "Skill migrant category" . So i seek for your help.

This is my background information:

Education: I got Bachelor of Information Engineering (not in NZ, so i will need the IQA)
    Job: My job title is: telecommunication network engineer: skill level 1 - part A (263312 Telecommunications Network Engineer) - in LTSSL
    EXP: 8 year+
    Exp in NZ: none
    job offer: none
    My partner: got 2 degree, 1 is at level 7 - bachelor of commerce (not in NZ- need IQA) and another is at level 5 - diploma in culinary arts (study in NZ)

And this is how I calculate my Points - please correct me if I'm wrong.
    1. Age: [25]
    2. Edu: Assume that i got IQA at level 7 - [50] / below level 7 - [40]
    3. Exp: I got 8+ exp in the LTSSL as network engineer but none of them in NZ, can i have [25] point for exp in skill employment?
    4. Bonus point: also, can I got [15] points for absolute skills shortage (10 for 2-5 years exp and 15 for 6 or more years exp) and another [15] for Identified future growth area as well?

it's said that "Industries in identified future growth areas offer New Zealand considerable opportunity to increase its prosperity. Currently we recognise three broad areas: biotechnology, information communications technology, and creative industries."
    Can i assume that i am in the "information communications technology" and got an extra point for this?

5. My partner: can i have [10] for NZQA level 4-6, and another [20] NZQA level 7? Also my partner previous work exp is in part B/Skill job (but not in NZ) so can i have [20] point for this?
    If all of my question above are answered "yes", then my total point will be: 140-170

My biggest concern is that: Can i apply for Skill migrant without a job offer and work exp in NZ?

Please help!!!

1. Yes. (25)
    2. Yes. (50 if the IQA finds you meet the requirements here. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...work-engineer/)
    3. Probably yes, because even though Vietnam is not a 'comparable labour market' (and I am assuming your work experience was there), your is an Area of Absolute Skills Shortage. (See under SM11.10, SM11.15 and SM13.20, here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i6954.htm) (25 as long as the IQA is all right.)
    4. You can't get the bonus points for work experience in an identified future growth area because you don't have a job or the offer of a job IN NEW ZEALAND. (Those points can only be claimed by people with a job or job offer in NZ, and nobody gets both lots of bonus points.) You can have the bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage.) (15)
    5. Your partner can only have the points for the higher level qualification, not both, and as long as the partner can show IELTS average of 6.5 or other proof of English ability. You don't get any points for the partner's work experience - the application is all about the main applicant, but points are added for the partner's qualification because NZ appreciates having another educated person. (20)
    6. You have not counted yourself the bonus points for your qualification being in an area of absolute skills shortage. (10 as long as the IQA is all right.)

That looks as if it gives 25 + 50 + 25 + 15 + 20 + 10 = 145. Please notice, though, this all depends on the IQA showing your degree as Level 7, equivalent to one of the ones mentioned.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    1. Yes. (25)
    2. Yes. (50 if the IQA finds you meet the requirements here. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...work-engineer/)
    3. Probably yes, because even though Vietnam is not a 'comparable labour market' (and I am assuming your work experience was there), your is an Area of Absolute Skills Shortage. (See under SM11.10, SM11.15 and SM13.20, here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i6954.htm) (25 as long as the IQA is all right.)
    4. You can't get the bonus points for work experience in an identified future growth area because you don't have a job or the offer of a job IN NEW ZEALAND. (Those points can only be claimed by people with a job or job offer in NZ, and nobody gets both lots of bonus points.) You can have the bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage.) (15)
    5. Your partner can only have the points for the higher level qualification, not both, and as long as the partner can show IELTS average of 6.5 or other proof of English ability. You don't get any points for the partner's work experience - the application is all about the main applicant, but points are added for the partner's qualification because NZ appreciates having another educated person. (20)
    6. You have not counted yourself the bonus points for your qualification being in an area of absolute skills shortage. (10 as long as the IQA is all right.)

That looks as if it gives 25 + 50 + 25 + 15 + 20 + 10 = 145. Please notice, though, this all depends on the IQA showing your degree as Level 7, equivalent to one of the ones mentioned.
    thank you, thank you so so much for your detail answer, i got it.
    Thanks

Be careful, I am also a telecom network engineer from Vietnam applied for SMC. I got 150 points at the time I submitted EOI and 170 points 4 months later at the time case officer decided on my application. They gave me an invitation to apply for Job Search visa instead of a residency visa. I refused it because it meant my partner and my child could not join me. Instead, I applied for an open 12 months work visa and our family are in NZ now. You can send me a private message if you want to discuss more with me, maybe via email, skype,...
    Last edited by tchu; 25th March 2015 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tchu View Post
    Be careful, I am also a telecom network engineer from Vietnam applied for SMC. I got 150 points at the time I submitted EOI and 170 points 4 months later at the time case officer decided on my application. They gave me an invitation to apply for Job Search visa instead of a residency visa. I refused it because it meant my partner and my child could not join me. Instead, I applied for an open 12 months work visa and our family are in NZ now. You can send me a private message if you want to discuss more with me, maybe via email, skype,...
    Just trying to understand,

- Did Case officer increase your points from 150 to 170? (I mean did INZ increase your points)

- Did they give you ITA for Job Search Visa? (I understand you get Job Search Visa after submitting ITA and completing the process of SMC Visa process)

Echoing what Sun777 said here. I don't understand, either.

Sorry for making confusion to you guys. My case would be a very strange one.

- EOI submitted in early Aug, selected with 150 points no job offer.
    - ITA release by late Aug
    - ITA (SMC app) submitted by mid Sep
    By Dec 2014, I earned the Master Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from the University of Auckland and submitted that evidence to INZ to add 20 points to my application. At that time, there was on going issue with relationship evidences so that I thought those additional 20 points would help my application stay no matter what INZ would conclude on our husband-wife relationship. At that time, if INZ still not satisfied with our relationship evidences then the 20 points from my wife would be gone. But a couple of days later they said they satisfied, then they interviewed me. Does it look like a super fast progress. 4 months from EOI selection date to the interview?

But later I realized that there is a rule saying that an SMC job search could not be granted once the applicant are holding another type of job search visa. I sensed that the key point is there. If I was able to get the open work visa (since I have completed the master program and eligible to apply for that one) before the interview then INZ could not give me the SMC job search visa any more. What they gonna do then, decline my application while I'm staying in NZ with an open work visa anyway? Or just give me residence visa since the option to send out the ITA for SMC job search visa is not available any more? ...that how I ended up with a super fast progress that gave me the ITA for SMC Job Search Visa after 4 months from EOI, that I had to decline.
    Last edited by tchu; 25th March 2015 at 11:23 PM.

Ah, that explains a lot! So your case is different from that of hannah nguyen, or anyone else who is putting in their EOI under Skilled Migrant, without any other possible visa in the picture. You could only access the open work visa because you had just completed a degree course in New Zealand. Someone outside the country does not have that choice.

Looking at statistics, in the last 05 years, there were total 06 Vietnamese people got residency visa approved while applying offshore. That's another reason why I told Hannah be careful. And as I saw her partner has a NZ diploma, I am not sure where they are now. It looks pretty promising when just look at INZ website and reading the rules there in first place but look at the fact and be careful
    Last edited by tchu; 26th March 2015 at 03:46 AM.

Thanks tchu, that explains the whole situation . The stats are also interesting, do you know the number of total applicants from Vietnam in these 5 years? I'm just guessing is that it could be related to the ratio/percentage too.

Quote Originally Posted by tchu View Post
    Looking at statistics, in the last 05 years, there were total 06 Vietnamese people got residency visa approved while applying offshore.

Another reason could be with recognition of education qualification & experience, which contributes to majority of the points in SMC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast