Thread: Applying for 2 visas simultaneously

Default Applying for 2 visas simultaneously

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the following.

I have a job offer from a company that is accredited to recruit staff from overseas. This means that I will fall under the Work to Residence visa.
    Because this is a temporally visa (my preference would be residence), my occupation is listed in the Skill Shortage List (Software Engineer) I wish to apply for the Skilled Migrant Category.

Is it possible to apply 2 visas simultaneously?

Cheers, J

Yes - no problem at all, and it is helpful because much of your evidence will do for both visas, and you won't have to provide it in duplicate.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes - no problem at all, and it is helpful because much of your evidence will do for both visas, and you won't have to provide it in duplicate.
    Thanks,

Long ago when my SMC visa was under process (partners medicals were referred to MA) and I had possible job offer on hand, our Case Officer suggested that I apply for a Work Visa in interim time if the job required me to be in NZ immediately. So yes, you can apply

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Do you mean that both visas are submitted at the same time? We're applying for both a work and a SMC, and they're going to be good to go at the same time. It'd save on irritations like certifying passports (or possible delays if we don't certify) if we could put them both in the same envelope and they could "share" our supporting docs.

You can submit at the same time, or separately with a covering letter linking the second to whichever has gone in first. It does not matter even if, as can happen, the second application has to go into a different office, because evidence once received is logged into the INZ computer system which can be accessed from any of their branches.

Thanks JandM!