Thread: One Day Late Partnership Application Work Visa

Question One Day Late Partnership Application Work Visa

Hi

My wife is from china and has been in New Zealand for over three years now. She came on a working holiday visa and then moved to work visa's. Last year she got a one year work visa based on our partnership(I am a kiwi). She was able to apply for a resident application last November and this application status is pending which it has for 4 months now. She misunderstood the rules and thought she would get an intrem visa based on the resident application when her work visa expired on 19th March 2015 which we discovered was not the case. So we were a day late applying for a new work visa based on partnership. We included a cover letter explaining why we misunderstood the requirements and were a day late. The application was submitted on 20 March 2015, it has nearly been a week and its decision status is pending but has no lodgement date. When we call them they say its under section 61 which is a different team. Has anyone had experience with section 61 applications? What are the time frames to expect for processing?

Thanks

I don't know of anyone on the forum who has been in exactly the same situation as your wife.

There isn't a set structure that is made public for Section 61 applications, so I'm afraid it's even more the case than for INZ in general that 'it takes as long as it takes'. Good luck. ++++++++++++++

Our visa application and section 61 request was approved in 10 days. My wife was given a 1 year open work visa. Thanks

That's really good news. Congratulations! Here's hoping you soon hear that the Residence has also come through.

You've just given me some hope Coin2001! Thank you