Thread: Dental Work In NZ

Default Dental Work In NZ

Another random question from this corner: I need a permanent crown put on one of my front teeth and I'm wondering if I should go ahead and get this done in Norway or wait and have it taken care of after we arrive in September. Would anyone be willing to share their experience regarding dental work (perhaps specifically crowns) and the costs associated in New Zealand? Thanks, in advance.

- Vann

Hi Vann
    I guess it all depends on how much work will be involved but dental work does not come cheap in NZ. I had Cerec crowns fitted last year, same day procedure so nothing temporary. $1240 per crown but I received a small discount for having two done at the same time. Certain health insurance packages will cover part or all of it but not in the first couple of months of taking out the insurance.
    Don't know what the cost in Norway will be but my guess is that it would be cheaper.
    Plus getting it done now will save you one thing to worry about whilst moving and settling in.

As Said dental work is not cheap here I paid $1500 for one crown last year which did include one filling too. Here is the current costings where I had this done

http://www.milforddentists.co.nz/blo...tal-crown.html

Thanks for the info and advice. Looks like this might actually be something that's cheaper in Norway. (That's a sentence I thought I'd never type.)

Dental fees are similar to 'going private' the UK.

I had a great private dentist in the UK and compared his prices to my new dentist when I first arrived.

There's no public funding for dentist visits in New Zealand.