Thread: Otago Penninsula

Default Otago Penninsula

Hi, we are visiting Dunedin and the area around and I am trying to decide between staying on the Otago Penninsula and by the Catlins. Any thoughts? We have two kids, 5 and 7.

We loved the Peninsula for its wildness, the beaches, the wild life.......seal lions, dolphins and penguins. Then of course there's the Albatros Centre, well worth a visit. And all relatively close to Dunedin. Our kids were a bit older than yours but I would stay go and explore......assuming you'll have a car?

Quote Originally Posted by parpalhou View Post
    Hi, we are visiting Dunedin and the area around and I am trying to decide between staying on the Otago Penninsula and by the Catlins. Any thoughts? We have two kids, 5 and 7.
    I've been to both without kids. Next summer we are heading down that way with our 6 and 9 year olds and I am so excited to take them to the Otago Penninsula. If you have the budget to do Royal Albatross Centre and penguins, it's worth it. Catlins are beautiful and remote with opportunities to see penguins but depending on the time of year, the albatross are truly an amazing thing to witness.

Went there not so long ago youl have a great time its amazing

Otago Peninsula is so mint