Thread: Response to PPI letter after initial assessment

Default Response to PPI letter after initial assessment

hi everyone,

does anybody know if the immigration officer is willing to give extensions in providing further evidence required for the PPI?
    IO is not satisfied with my qualification as being comparable to bachelor of engineering despite being on the LQEA so the last option i have is to have an IQA.
    we all know that the assessment takes time, do you think IO will consider giving extensions? it is quite frustrating and makes me teary eyed just reading the PPI letter of IO.
    she gives us til March 30 to comment or provide further evidence she requires and i might not be able to provide it on time. I dont want to think this will be the end of our journey.. :'(

You need to respond promptly, so the CO doesn't think either that you are ignoring the communication, or that you are happy for her to proceed on the information she currently has (which would mean refusal). You say what you have said here, that because of what she has said you are now getting an IQA done, and you ask that the assessment should now wait until you can send that to her.

Don't be misled by the short deadline - we are hearing that that is now the standard thing that COs have to say to everybody. It doesn't mean that you ONLY have that short space of time to gather information.

When you apply for the IQA, don't forget to make it clear exactly what you are hoping for your degree to come out equivalent to, then NZQA will look for that specifically.

Hi ,
    Please attached the assessment comparability of qualification when submitting your IQA request. Find below the link
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...ifications.pdf