Thread: questions questions about immigration

Default questions questions about immigration

I know there are a lot of threads with questions about immigration but is hard to read all the threads to maybe find an answer to all the questions i will have.
    So i will ask here and hope to get some answers.

Short info about my case:

- last year me and my husband send our documents for Canada immigration but the maximum number of applicants were reached;
    - we have to move forward so now we gather information about NZ immigration.

- me, principal applicant: Mechanical engineer with master's degree from Romania; 4 years experience in mechanical engineering domain in Romania; 26 years old; ILETS score 7
    - husband: bachelor degree in IT; 28 years old; IELTS score 7

Questions about the point system for Skilled Migrant Category (see Attachment):
    1. Bonus point for employment or offer of employment:
    In an identified future growth area
    In an area of absolute skills shortage
    In a region outside Auckland
    Partner employment or offer of employment
    2. Relevant work experience: 2 years, 4...

- 1 and 2 refers to employment and work experience only in NZ or anywhere?
    3. Additional bonus points for work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage
    - 3 refers to work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage only in NZ or anywhere?

I probably know the answers but i want to be sure so i don't calculate my points wrong.

Thank you in advance for your answers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (110.8 KB, 34 views)
    Last edited by SOana; 28th March 2015 at 02:59 AM.

Bonus points for work experience in identified future growth area, and for employment in a region outside Auckland, can only be claimed if you have a skilled offer, or job, in NZ. Same goes for a bonus point for a qualification in an identified future growth area.

However, if you can't get identified future growth work experience and qualification bonus points, you can almost certainly claim for them as area of absolute skills shortage instead. You can't ever get BOTH these kinds of bonus points. (So your question 3 is a yes, you can claim the bonus points for experience anywhere if it's eligible.)

This http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i6954.htm is probably the best place to look for clarification on what does and does not count. SM6 gives a chart of all possible points, and the last column says which other section to look at for the detailed regulations.

Thank you.

1. So if my qualification is in the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment and my diploma was released by an institution listed in the Awarding Institutions - they will never ask for assessment by the NZQA or they can ask for that if they need it?
    2. Is there anything they can ask me to send that is more difficult to obtain (not talking about passport, police certificate, IELTS results, medical certificate)?
    I want to prepare all the documents possible from the beginning.

3. If i have a total of 155 points i will automatically receive a Invitation to Apply?
    4. If i receive the ITA and then send all documents and evidence, with my application form and fee, if all documents are ok is there any possibility that my application be refused?

1. So if my qualification is in the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment and my diploma was released by an institution listed in the Awarding Institutions - they will never ask for assessment by the NZQA or they can ask for that if they need it?
    If your qualification is in the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment and your diploma was released by an institution listed in the Awarding Institutions, and the exact qualification is mentioned in the listing for that institution, and it is covered by the dates mentioned in the last column... Then also, if you're claiming bonus points, you will need to look at the list of skills shortages http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz/, and check that your qualification is right for the requirements there. If your qualification doesn't match up by exact name, you might need to get the IQA, to have them compare the content with a relevant NZ one for equivalence.

2. I think you've thought of the awkward ones, unless you're going to need fingerprints checked - that can take a long while, particularly for the FBI.

3. Anyone with a minimum of 140 points will have their EOI selected at the very next draw.

4. All your evidence will be minutely checked out. It has to be all in order for the CO to be able to tick every box.

The last procedure for somebody who doesn't have a job offer is the CO interview, when the CO will assess them under these requirements. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i6954.htm It's basically about preparedness to settle into NZ life quickly and without fuss, and make a contribution to NZ society straight away. As it says there, there are three possible outcomes - refusal, if the person seems hopeless; approval if they are clued up and ready to go; or the offer of a Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Visa, otherwise known as deferred Residence, if they're being given a chance though they haven't made the best impression. Under this last, they get 9 months in NZ, and if they land the offer of a skilled job in that time, they can get their Residence.

This is a helpful thread. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27398 The posts, though old, are still relevant, because the regulations haven't changed.

Thank you JandM you are very prompt and helpful.

The fee is paid only by the principal applicant or is multiplied by 2?

It's one fee for the whole application, which includes however many secondary applicants, e.g couple and six children if you had them! But then, if successful, there is a migrant fee to pay when getting the visa, and that is to be paid for EACH adult.

(You were lucky I happened to be online with some time in hand when your question came up.