Thread: 24- month accumulation for police cert

Default 24- month accumulation for police cert

Well, it turns out that the guy on the INZ phone two months ago was wrong. I asked repeatedly if I would need police certs because of the previous visas I held in New Zealand. I was here for 7 months five years ago, 5 months 3 years ago, 6 months last year, and soon to be five months this year - I have always left to other countries for other jobs. This year my employer asked me to stay through winter so I am currently applying for a year-long visa. I asked. And rephrased my question. And again, and he even had to ask someone else for clarification as he'd never heard my question before. Will I need to get police certs because my previous stays are accumulated or does that time accumulate from my most previous entrance to NZ? It came back that no, it is time from when I last entered the country.

But so now that it's down to the wire I have found out it is accumulated time, over all visas ever held, and I need my police certs. This really needs to be worded better on the website to prevent others from the same stress and confusion (and cost) I now must go through to obtain my certs in time for my visa renewal.

Just a warning to others who have been chasing summer.

Quote Originally Posted by humanbeen View Post
    Well, it turns out that the guy on the INZ phone two months ago was wrong
    Agree with it. I was recently informed by Case Officer (DIA) that the calls are received by people who don't have much expertise into the process and they answer based on the script available to them (it is quite possible that they interpret the wording wrong as much as we do). In my case, I had actually dropped an email and the response was in-line with what was said over the phone.