Thread: 3 Months condition for permanent residency?

Default 3 Months condition for permanent residency?

Hi, Once I get residency under SMC, should I be continuing in the same job for at least 3 months to qualify for permanent residency?

Someone told me about this rule but I couldn't find this clause in immigration website.

Could someone please clarify and provide the reference link for this information?

Thank you very much in advance.

if your resident visa got the section 49(1) condition then you have to continue your job at least for 3 months. if there is not any kind of 49 section then its not compulsary

That's right, if there is no conditions on your visa Section 49 (1) then you can switch between jobs as you wish.

This 'staying in the job for three months' only applies to a Residence visa if a job or job offer was part of your original application, and you had not been in that job for three months already at the time of lodging. In that situation, a Section 49(1) condition will be applied to the Residence. Once the applicant can show three months' evidence of employment - e.g. financial records of pay - s/he can go to INZ (still in the employment) and the condition will be removed, so s/he will then have Residence free and clear. S/He can then, if wished, and subject to the work contract, resign from that job.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30536.htm SM4.30.10.

Thanks a lot for the info guys.