Thread: Urgent - Police Certs query

thegrimfandango Guest

Default Urgent - Police Certs query

I have an urgent query about police certs

I met my Irish partner when they were studying in the UK 2006-7, and we moved back to Ireland. When applying for our SMC visas, I got my certs for both the UK and Ireland, but they calculated their time in the UK and said it was 11 months max so they didn't need a cert. I know they started study in Sept 2006, and we left before the end Aug 2007

However, I'm going through photos now for my partnership visa application (they've applied for 1 year work visa while awaiting SMC). and it seems when they told me 11 months, it could well be VERY close to 12.
    I definitely have photos from Aug 2006, though the facebook upload date shows as Sept.
    Looking back at the EOI, it seems my partner couldn't recall the exact date they started studying over 8 years ago (fair enough), so put down the 1st Sept as INZ helpline said it was fine as long as broadly accurate.

Is this likely to be problematic? With the dates they put down, it looks like they were in UK for BARELY less than 12 months, perhaps 11 months and 3 weeks.
    Should I stay mad at them? They've been a bit of a nightmare with getting exact dates/times etc through all this.

Yes, you should stay mad at them! (j/k)

Why not get the UK police cert anyway? £45, or £80 if you're in a rush, is going to be a drop in the ocean. Once you have it, you can forward it to your case officer (assuming you're at that stage) saying that you believe it was less than a year, but noting that it's right on the cusp, so please find enclosed . . .

Agreed.