Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is child/booster seats mandatory in NZ for travellers ?

Thanks everyone for all your valuable suggestions/advices. We have finally managed to book accommodation/ 12 seater rental car (toyota hiace) with 3 booster seats for the kids.

We have booked serviced apartments @ Grafton, Auckland & a bach at Hamilton & Queenstown to cover our 13 day trip to NZ. To cut down costs we were hoping to cook at least 2 meals everyday. Can we bring in the following items in check in baggage/clear customs at NZ provided they are packed/sealed by manufacturer with explicit mention of its ingredients.

Rice
    Flour
    Curry Paste
    Curry/Masala powders
    Coconut milk packed in tetra packs.
    Pickle

Yes we will definitely declare these at customs checkpoint. But I want to check whether these are allowed in NZ as we dont want to bring them and then asked to be thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by nms.sun3 View Post
    Rice
    Flour
    Curry Paste
    Curry/Masala powders
    Coconut milk packed in tetra packs.
    Pickle

You can get all these locally here in Auckland, best to go out shopping for couple of hours when you are in Grafton (first leg) buy them. Customs/Bio security will take closer inspection of any food with organic stuff in it but it is more risky of things spilling in the luggage.

Thanks Sun777. I am aware of the fact that i can get these from Auckland but then not sure about the difference in cost between Auckland & Singapore.

Trust me, after the long flight nothing will cost you more. All in all, it would hardly make around $20 to $30 difference if you compare one month of groceries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Trust me, after the long flight nothing will cost you more. All in all, it would hardly make around $20 to $30 difference if you compare one month of groceries.
    If its 20-30 odd $ then I will probably buy it locally to avoid the hassle of buyin/packing & going thru NZ customs...

Shop at Pak N Save if you come across one as pretty cheap. Countdown stores are also everywhere.

Yes , I will buy usual grocery items like bread/cereals/milk etc in Pak N Save and I was more concerned about the indian grocery items as i was expecting the price to be higher when compared to singapore.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456