Thread: Work exprience claimed in EOI

Default Work exprience claimed in EOI

Hi,

This is my first time in this forum. Pardon my question.

When i submitted my EOI, the number of years that i claimed for my work experienced is under [ 6 years but less than 8 years ]. I was selected by that time and when I lodged my residence visa application under SMC, do i still need to consider the number of years in my EOI or is it acceptable if I will update it to consider it base on the date that I lodged my application? By that time I lodged my application, I already reached at 8 years and more range.

You can put the truth as it is now. Given the length of time it can take to process applications, it's normal that there are sometimes changes in people's circumstances, and INZ expects to be updated.

thanks JandM!

Hi JandM, thank you the inputs it helps me a lot and i am currently processing this updates with my CO.

However, based on the previous assessment that my CO has sent, my EOI point is reduced from 140-130 points. This was due to my partners qualification that resulted from PAR Level 7 to IQA Level 6. Now, when my work experience will be given a chance to be updated, my points then will be 135. Do you think or any other poeple here did experience of being approved with their residence visa under SMC? I am really worried now

There is no pleasant way to say this. At present, the way the NZ government has the immigration quotas set, EOIs with no job offer are only getting selected with 140 or more points. If there is no possibility of querying the IQA assessment on your wife's qualification to get those points back, then your EOI is going to be put back in the pool, where it has the right to be for six months from the date of submission. They won't go on processing it - they will put it back because it never would have been selected that week with only 135 points.

If you can possibly get a job offer, your EOI would be selected at once - selection only requires 100 points with a job offer.