Thread: Partnership visa - Approved.....

Default Partnership visa - Approved.....

Hi All,

My work visa under partnership has been approved. (Didnt know the status until i
    looked at the passport today.). I applied through Mumbai branch on 11th of November 2014 and it has taken more time than i anticipated.

I am very thankful to all the members who supported me on this forum.
    Special thanks to JandM and karen for thier time.

Its been great reading the posts and getting to know all about NZ.

Thanks again.

Chandani

Hey Chandani... Can you please share your experience.. It will be really helpful.

Congrats !

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Congrats !
    Thanks Sun777,

Dear divi_jais08,
    My partner is a NZ citizen and we have known each other for 12 yrs.I went to NZ
    2 years back on visitor visa for a period of 3 months. After returning only we decided to apply for work visa under partnership. We collected the necessary evidences for more than 1 year and applied for visa on November 2014 for me and our daughter.(Mumbai branch).

We were informed via email that it would take 40 working days (30 days to be assigned to a CO + 10 days for the decision to be made )for the whole process. Since I did not get any updates from INZ till the end of February,I contacted Delhi contact center few times and followed up with them via email.

Then the CO emailed me saying my application has been sent to the 2nd officer check on 3rd week of March and i was contacted by the TT services to come and collect the passport the next week.(wasnt told about the status of the visa )

As long as you have a good case and lots of evidence to prove the relationship, you will have a chance and the waiting time can be very difficult since you are not sure what will happen to your future plans.

If there is anything more you wish to know, please PM me after making 5 posts.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Thank you Chandani.. As of now m waiting for my visa approval under partnership visitor category. It's been exactly 2 months since I heard from my co.. Don't know how and what to do now.

There is nothing to be done but wait. There is often a lot of waiting while INZ are dealing with you - it is not unusual. The CO has other cases s/he also deals with in rotation.

The COs' job is to focus on moving their cases through, so telling people 'now your case is doing this, now your case is doing that' is not part of it, as that time could be better spent doing something on another person's application which would get it one step nearer to granting their visa. This is why EVERYONE spends long periods of time with no contact from INZ. These times are when the CO doesn't need any more information, and hasn't any news of a result to give.

congratulations chandani.......

Huge congratulations!!

Woww 5-6 months seems to be a really long time to process!
    Can I ask, I'm assuming when you first applied for the visa you and your partner were living together, but did you stay living together for the period while the visa was being Processed?