Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IQA applicant from India

Default IQA applicant from India

Dear members

I intend to apply IQA and earn points for LTSSL. I am BSC comp Sc 10+2+3 Full time course from Kurukshetra University , India and MBA (marketing) from same university. My Degree says only Bachelor Of Science whereas my marksheet has Comp Sc together with physics and maths as main subjects. I have 10+ years of IT experience. I have roles & responsibilities from my current org where I have worked for 3.5 years

Q1 : Would I be able to get BSC comp sc equivalent assessment as per LTSSL requirement?
    Q2 : As of now I do not have roles/respo from old companies, Only experience letters ? Is that sufficient?
    Q3 : Do I need to provide salary slips also ? IQA guideline does not say so..

Quote Originally Posted by ssrijan View Post
    10+2+3 Full time course
    Just to make it easy for others, this is 10 (School), 2 (High School) and 3 (Graduation)

I don't think your Masters will help as its not in line with your work experience.

Q1 : Would I be able to get BSC comp sc equivalent assessment as per LTSSL requirement?
    I had tough time explaining this link to our Case Officer, however it wil be helpful to highlight all the details of the subjects and how this relates to various aspects of your experience.

Q2 : As of now I do not have roles/respo from old companies, Only experience letters ? Is that sufficient?
    Experience letters wont be of much help as these are quite generic. It is much preferred if you get the roles and responsibilities as this will tie up to your Q1 as well.

From what I have read on this forum, no this wont be required but you might have to send this to your Case Officer

Does your degree certificate state Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or is it Generic without any specialization? In my case it was Bachelor of Engineering with explicit mention of my specialization.

Q2 : As of now I do not have roles/responsibilities from old companies, Only experience letters ? Is that sufficient?
    It is required as it will help your IQA as well SMC application. It doesnt have to be from your employer per se. You can get it signed by you ex colleagues but ensure that you provide their email address/phone numbers in case NZQA or INZ requires to verify its authenticity. I had only one of my experience letter with roles/responsibilities and i had done the rest by my ex colleagues.

Payslips are not required for IQA but during ITA. it is better to start collating all your payslips as your CO may request as additional proof for your work experience. if you have soft copies only then mention the same in your cover letter while submitting your ITA docs.

I have just sent my documents to IQA and I sent below:

1) Contract of employment stating my role as BA.
    2) Original letter of employment form my HR stating my 'since employed date' and 'designation'.
    3) Renewed contracts of employment stating my new role as 'Senior BA'.
    4) Last 6 months payslip.
    5) Experience letter (including stating BA experience.
    6) Relieving letter.

I didnt read on NZQA site that a job function letter is required for IQA too. I thought that is something needed when submitting ITA.

My Degree Says Bachelor of science .... I had 3 subjects maths , physics and computer science. Normal Bsc had maths , physics and chemistry

Should I get my MBA assessed or only Bachelor of science

Should I get my MBA assessed or only Bachelor of science
    You can get both assessed. When you open the NZQA portal, post login, you can create application - it provides you space to enter up to 5 qualifications.

I would suggest to assess both the qualification with NZQA

As far as i know MBA qualification is not listed against ICT. Only qualification related to Business administration is as follows.

Bachelor of Business and Information Management (Information Management) (NZQF Level 7)

There are few posts related to MBA and ICT https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=M...te:www.enz.org See this helps

Hi Experts,

I graduated in Bachelor of Science (Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science) from Bangalore University, India in the year 2003. After that, I have been working in IT sector since 2005 to present. My working experience falls under ANZSCO code 263111- Computer Network and Systems Engineer. I also completed M.Sc. Computer Science & Engineering in April'2014 from my country- Bangladesh.

Now I am interested to apply IQA but I am confused about matching my Bachelor Degree with LTSSL requirement. It seems that my Bachelor degree can match with " Bachelor of Science (Computer Science)(NZQF Level 7) " in column 3 and column 4.

Can any expert help me about choosing the right qualification in LTSSL list ( http://skillshortages.immigration.go...015-03-30-.pdf ) so that I can claim work experience points and bonus points under LTSSL ?

Thanks and regards
    Shooter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast