Thread: Updated LoQEA for selected countries

Default Updated LoQEA for selected countries

Hi everyone,

Good day. This is my first time to post so pls pardon me if my question sounds dumb.

I held a bachelor's degree from Philippines in Electronics & Communications Engineering. I submitted my EOI (under SMC) last February and fortunately got selected. During the EOI submission my school and my degree was listed as exempted for NZQA assessment.

However I learned and received email from INZ that they amended the LoQEA appendix 3 and my BS degree from my home country got included and affected with the changes made.

So now I checked the updated LoQEA and I am confused with the description in the INZ website, it is stated there

Bachelor of Science in Engineering (a speciality may be stated) - Refer to NZQA for assessment

I am not sure about the "speciality may be stated". It is my impression that a certain engineering discipline (e.g Electronics, Civil, Electrical, etc.) will be listed if needed for NZQA assessment or not. Or this doesn't matter, just go and get my IQA?

I would like to get advice from the expert team here if I will just go ahead and proceed to secure my IQA or someone knows how to go through this. I have only 3 months left to lodge my ITA.

Any advice you can share will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Just get the IQA. What they are saying is, the Bachelor of Science in Engineering, whether or not any speciality is listed in brackets after that title, is going to need to be assessed.

Hello JandM,

Thank you for helping me get clarified with this one you are a big help. I'll work right away to get my IQA.

Have a great day!

hi dcaballe - good day.

Have you completed your IQA? What is the update now? Please share po.

I just sent my docs 4 days ago.

Thanks

Hi Raldie,

Yes I'm done with my IQA and got the same level result I declared in my EOI.
    PS. Sorry for the delayed reply on this thread.