Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please guide with steps to apply for job in NZ before travelling on SFV ?

Default Please guide with steps to apply for job in NZ before travelling on SFV ?

Hi Guys,

Can you please guide/suggest me steps required to apply for jobs from here itself, before I travel to NZ ?

Kind Regards,
    Rohit

Tell everybody what your line of work is, and they will be able to be more helpful, probably.

Oh Sorry everyone :-) I'll be looking to find job in Information Technology field. I'm Software Engineer ny profession.

Regards,
    Rohit

1. Format CV to NZ standard
    2. Prepare cover letters
    3. Register with TradeMe and Seek
    4. Register with consulting agencies
    5. Register directly with companies (e.g. HP, Vodafone Careers, WaterCare, Spark, 2Degrees, ANZ, BNZ etc)
    6. Start applying for the roles that appear in 3,4,5 with customized cover letters for each role, state how you see yourself fitting in the roles, whats your availability, travel plans (in case you plan to arrive here after interview is arranged) etc.

Rohit

Which Technology are you working on ?

@sun777 : Can you please suggest, if I can find somewhere template/sample CV as per NZ format in IT. Also, If I can get some sample cover letters just to get the idea exactly before preparing cover letters. Also, please let me know, how can I register with consulting agencies and companies ? Can I do it even before I'm physically present in NZ.

Cheers,
    Rohit

@Prashanth : I'm working on Java/J2EE. What about you ?

Regards,
    Rohit

Quote Originally Posted by Rohit View Post
    @sun777 : Can you please suggest, if I can find somewhere template/sample CV as per NZ format in IT. Also, If I can get some sample cover letters just to get the idea exactly before preparing cover letters. Also, please let me know, how can I register with consulting agencies and companies ? Can I do it even before I'm physically present in NZ.

Cheers,
    Rohit
    I have been a rebel in this department and not used a specific NZ template, but I have heard it from people on this forum and by consultants that there is a NZ template for CV (Its just like Extra Terrestrials for me - heard of it but never seen it). I keep my cv in bullet points highlighting skill sets to the role.

The magic for Cover letters is to word it according to the advertisement, highlighting the aspects which you have worked on and how you you feel the role is close to your expertise. Don't forget to mention the keywords in your write up.

You can apply even before landing here - Yes. If you go to the above companies (and other local companies) there is usually a Career section where you can search and apply for jobs e.g. Google for Westpac Career Section and navigate to this link. Most of these companies ask for general information like Education, Work experience, Contact Details, Visa Status etc so be patient while filling it up.

@ Rohit I am working on Software Testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohit View Post
    @Prashanth : I'm working on Java/J2EE. What about you ?

Regards,
    Rohit

Hi Everyone,

I have heard that in NZ, IT market gets slow down towards September, what I mean to say is, from September onwards, employers starts going on vacation and jobs generated are relatively low, is that correct ?
    Kindly share your experience who already have the best idea in this direction.

Regards,
    Rohit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast