Thread: interview scheduled on 9 Apr

Default interview scheduled on 9 Apr

Hi all, need your advice here..
    my partner is scheduled for interview this 9 Apr. In the mail, it is stated that he will be interviewed and nothing mention about me to be interviewed.
    May I know if any of you have this experience and does it means I don't need to be interviewed or I will be interview in other days?
    Pls. share your experience, thanks in advance.

Have you rechecked the email your CO sent to you?

Coz mine does mention about "my partner" explicitly. See extracts below:

Skilled Migrant policy requires me to invite you and your partner to a formal interview to assess your ability to settle in and contribute to New Zealand.
    THE INTERVIEW:
    In the interview, I will be asking you questions about you and your partner’s employment prospects, your familiarity with New Zealand and what steps you have taken to prepare for looking for employment and settling in New Zealand. I will also be asking you about your support network in New Zealand.

Good luck for your interview! Let me know the outcome and we can share our ideas about preparing the move to NZ. I'm a Malaysian too

Quote Originally Posted by maldiniho View Post
    Have you rechecked the email your CO sent to you?

Coz mine does mention about "my partner" explicitly. See extracts below:

Skilled Migrant policy requires me to invite you and your partner to a formal interview to assess your ability to settle in and contribute to New Zealand.
    THE INTERVIEW:
    In the interview, I will be asking you questions about you and your partner’s employment prospects, your familiarity with New Zealand and what steps you have taken to prepare for looking for employment and settling in New Zealand. I will also be asking you about your support network in New Zealand.

Good luck for your interview! Let me know the outcome and we can share our ideas about preparing the move to NZ. I'm a Malaysian too
    Thanks I have read few times and it is clearly stated only him and nothing about me..
    so, I am nervous if I will be interviewed on a later date??
    When is your interview?
    Sure, hopefully the interview is going to be smooth and can get residence visa..
    then we can discuss about ideas on preparing for the move..

Quote Originally Posted by valval View Post
    Thanks I have read few times and it is clearly stated only him and nothing about me..
    so, I am nervous if I will be interviewed on a later date??
    When is your interview?
    Sure, hopefully the interview is going to be smooth and can get residence visa..
    then we can discuss about ideas on preparing for the move..
    Do a check of the ITA application form - is your details included in the application? Besides, send an email to your CO to confirm again. Better be safe than sorry later.

My interview was done in Jan and it was a success (see my siggy below). planning to move to NZ early next year.

Congrats! and sorry that I missed it earlier..
    yours is pretty fast!
    I just wonder if it is mandatory that the partner need to be interviewed or only applicable to main applicants..

No, it's not mandatory. It's a matter for the CO's decision.

Thanks, JandM for your confirmation.