Thread: Is a UK Diploma trained nurse accepted by the NCNZ?

Default Is a UK Diploma trained nurse accepted by the NCNZ?

Hi there,

I am a UK Diploma Trained nurse. I also have a small extra university module in operating theatre practice.

I passed my IELTS. I have applied to the NCNZ for nurse registration in New Zealand and I am at stage 2 of the process, and now I am waiting for the assessment outcome.

Is anyone in a similar situation and had a positive outcome please?

Any help would be apreciated please.

Im not sure how extensive the UK diploma program is, but my understanding is the schooling has to be equivalent to a 3-year Bachelor degree. Im from Canada, with a Bachelors in Nursing, and I had to send in course descriptions for all of courses in my undergrad, and I guess they just compared them to NZ requirements? They sent me an 18 page description of the requirements of the program, so Im guessing you received this as well - perhaps you can go through it an compare your education with the one outlined? I dont remember the second stage to take very long - I believe I got the results of their assessment within a month (the status changed on their web application). Good luck! Its a long and tiresome (and expensive) process.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandal View Post
    Hi there,

I am a UK Diploma Trained nurse. I also have a small extra university module in operating theatre practice.

I passed my IELTS. I have applied to the NCNZ for nurse registration in New Zealand and I am at stage 2 of the process, and now I am waiting for the assessment outcome.

Is anyone in a similar situation and had a positive outcome please?

Any help would be apreciated please.

I have a UK nursing diploma which was accepted by NCNZ in Nov 2011. I was required to provide a transcript of my training which I got from my Uni.
    I did look at what I would need to go to Canada and my diploma would not have been acceptable for that.
    Good luck

I trained back in 1986-1990 with a Diploma(dating myself) in the UK, and my registration was accepted back in 2010. I had to take my NCLEX going to the US in 1992 but no other exams to come here, just lots of former employer letters(certifying hrs that I worked) and transcripts of training.